Author Topic: arduino - open-source electronics prototyping platform  (Read 259 times)

Nando

arduino - open-source electronics prototyping platform
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:46 AM »
Check these out

http://www.arduino.cc/

Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.

Arduino can sense the environment by receiving input from a variety of sensors and can affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors, and other actuators. The microcontroller on the board is programmed using the Arduino programming language (based on Wiring) and the Arduino development environment (based on Processing). Arduino projects can be stand-alone or they can communicate with software running on a computer (e.g. Flash, Processing, MaxMSP).

The boards can be built by hand or purchased preassembled; the software can be downloaded for free. The hardware reference designs (CAD files) are available under an open-source license, you are free to adapt them to your needs.

futureman2000

Re: arduino - open-source electronics prototyping platform
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45:14 AM »
These are pretty cool. I looked these up a while ago after I saw this video-
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Nando

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:04:13 AM »
I wish I had the skills to mess with something like that. I have an idea that would revolutionize backyard dog poop scooping! lol ;)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:08:47 AM »
Arduino can sense the environment by receiving input from a variety of sensors and can affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors, and other actuators.

Seriously, has no one watched Terminator 2?    8-[

Nando

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:14:19 AM »
Arduino can sense the environment by receiving input from a variety of sensors and can affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors, and other actuators.

Seriously, has no one watched Terminator 2?    8-[

So that's how this thing begins!

;p

HercTNT

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
some guy used his android tablet, an arduino board, some wood, couple of electric motors and drill bits to make a cnc machine on his work bench. I can't find the link to it anymore, but you can do damn near anything with those arduino setups.