Author Topic: FIXED:Rude eBay seller  (Read 194 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
FIXED:Rude eBay seller
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
Ok guys.  This morning I had retracted a bid on an item I had bid on, with the FULL intention of actually rebidding on it.  Here is why..  I have a certain amount I can spend on eBay stuff, and I had reached that amount this week already.  I then placed a bid on an item, I wanted, without talking it over with Jimilee first..  So, I retracted the bid with every intention of getting the item anyway after sweet talking Jimi.  :)  In the mean time, I get this email from the seller, which I feel is total bullshit and I let him know as much.  I have since re-entered my bid, cuz I actually want the item..  But regardless of the rules, I dont feel as a seller, that you treat customers this way.  So, here is the email he sent me.  I realize it is not out of line, but its basically an idle threat.  I let him know I would be sharing his email and ID with our community, and that after I bought this item, I would no longer buy anything from him.  I dont appreciate getting this kind of email one damn bit.  Up to you guys if you want to buy from this dick, but I wouldnt.  No questions, no nothing, just an idle threat to a potential customer.  Doesnt sit right with me.

Dear jimilee2012,

Hi. I see you retracted your bid, citing "entered wrong amount".  As you know, you must enter the amount you were intending to enter immediately.  I see you did not do this.  Please take care of this matter within 12 hours.  It's only fair to the seller.

Thank you!

- grithiffthsgamesmegamart

http://myworld.ebay.com/grithiffthsgamesmegamart/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 Here is his eBay store.

Ok guys.  After calming down some, and having a few emails back and forth from this seller, I have to accept part of the blame here.  I was pissed at how he handled it at first.  The whole idle threat thing caught me wrong.  But, after talking with the guy, I can understand why he did it.  Seems he has had it happen a lot lately.  Either way, I dont feel he is a bad seller, just a rude one at first.  I did tell him I wish he had handled it differently, and thats what upset me.  He could have very well just asked why I retracted and if I was still interested.  In the future if I find the need to do this again, I will message the seller first.  But most likely it wont happen again, cause I should have gotten permission first anyway..  SO yeah, there is me accepting partial blame..  lol

Latest response from him, and I feel I should share it to be fair.  
Yeah, I could have handled it better.  I apologize if I upset you.  In a way I am glad it happened though, because I will approach this kind of situation more delicately in the future.  Thank you for the lesson learned.

Good luck with the auction.  I saw your post on the pcenginefx forums.  Hop back in when you get a chance and let them know how things turned out so they don't think I'm a monster.

Anyway, guess this is a lesson learned on both ends.  Sorry if this thread caused any issues.  I felt it was post worthy, even if some dont feel that way.  Now I just wish I hadnt posted it at all, since I was upset when I did it.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:19:59 AM by Bernie »

Samurai Ghost

Re: Terrible eBay seller alert
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »
Not to be picky but the guy didn't exactly screw you over, he was just a little short with you when you retracted your bid. A terrible seller is one that doesn't send you anything or sends you broken items intentionally.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Terrible eBay seller alert
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »
Not to be picky but the guy didn't exactly screw you over, he was just a little short with you when you retracted your bid. A terrible seller is one that doesn't send you anything or sends you broken items intentionally.
I didnt say he "screwed me over"  What I said was I didnt appreciate his idle threat.  Also, maybe in your eyes a terrible seller is only one that doesnt follow through with his product after its bought and paid for, but in my eyes, courtesy is also a part of being a seller.  Sending idle threats is not a way to treat customers, which is exactly what I am.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:11:57 AM by Bernie »

Samurai Ghost

Re: Rude eBay seller
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04:34 AM »
Agreed, the guy could have been more understanding/parient. But is it really worth posting a thread about?
I don't see any threats, he just told you to clear up the issue ASAP in an admittedly curt way.
To be honest it can be a bit annoying when a bidder retracts a bid, and I wouldn't say his reaction makes him a "terrible seller" worthy of warning people about.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Rude eBay seller
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:06:08 AM »
Agreed, the guy could have been more understanding/parient. But is it really worth posting a thread about?
I don't see any threats, he just told you to clear up the issue ASAP in an admittedly curt way.
To be honest it can be a bit annoying when a bidder retracts a bid, and I wouldn't say his reaction makes him a "terrible seller" worthy of warning people about.
Maybe not..  But if its not worth posting a thread about, why are you posting in that thread?  Just saying.  

Modified first thread.  I still feel it was worth sharing, even tho some dont.  Either way, the seller and I have both reached an understanding.  Guess it was a lesson learned on both ends. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:17:53 AM by Bernie »