Author Topic: D&D Players Handbook 1st edition reprints. Like WHOAH old school  (Read 177 times)

Nando

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/02410000
In 1974, the world changed forever when Gary Gygax introduced the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. The legacy of his innovative ideas and the extensive reach of his powerful influence can be seen in virtually every facet of gaming today.

To help honor his work and his memory, we created limited-edition reprints of the original 1st Edition core rulebooks: the Monster Manual, Player's Handbook, and Dungeon Master's Guide. These premium versions of the original AD&D rulebooks have been lovingly reprinted with the original art and content, but feature an attractive new cover design commemorating this re-release.

esteban

Re: D&D Players Handbook 1st edition reprints. Like WHOAH old school
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:17:27 AM »
I have a first edition Monster Manual/Handbook. It was a hand-me-down from a family friend. I loved reading and re-reading it and, yes, my younger brother colored a few of the pictures in. I didn't even know how to play D&D.

I should still have it. The cover was in pretty bad shape (hundreds of tiny indentations/pock marks).

Oh, and the original coverart was far superior to these reprints.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:22:03 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
My local library has one of these and has the first edition of the monsters manual with Asmodeus as the evil badass. :P

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:54:20 AM »
In this day and age there is no way they could have truly reprinted the originals. Everything has to be "special editioned" and cleared by the lawyers.

tpivette

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »
Wow... its been 20 years since I've seen /remembered some of this stuff. have to turn my parents house upsidown to see if some of my old D&D stuff is still there

thanks for the memories, guys!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate