Author Topic: WTT: Turbo Booster box  (Read 256 times)

Xray

WTT: Turbo Booster box
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
Saw this in my attic when I was last up there around Xmas, just remembered it. Not sure if it has instructions as well, or what.
Don't know if there is much of a market for booster boxes, and shipping alone for a relatively large box may make a sale a dicey proposition, but you never know.
Take a look at my first thread "New Member", where I post the games I have. Would be willing to trade for any hucard or two thats not on my list, and split shipping.
[USA only]
I'll take another look soon, and report back on condition ect

esteban

Re: WTT: Turbo Booster box
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
Take some pictures

|    | 

canada

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »
bump

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »
Canada, are you also xray?  I am confused why you bumped the thread, thus my public response and not via PM.

PM me some pics and I might work out a trade with you.  I don't really need the box, but I do have a loose Turbo Booster, so I guess I can give it a home.  I have a few loose hu-cards laying around, so I will respond to your pics of the Turbo Booster box with a list of games I have.

Xray

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
canada is not me, thanx for the bump, I have no idea why he did it.

Pics shortly to follow, there is good news and bad.
It is pretty rough, but does have the styrofoam insert and some pamphlets.

Xray

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
Ok here she is, fairly rough.
Box itself isn't too bad, but I bought this on ebay about 12 years ago, and the lady shipped it to me wrapped in clear packing tape.
Some of it I got off, more of it would doubtless come off, but you might peel up some box in the process. If it was me, I'd try running a heat gun on low power over the tape, better odds of getting it off without damaging the box. The shipping labels were put on over clear tape as well. Styrofoam is intact, along with a couple of pamphlets.
So if you are looking for mint, this is not for you.
Revise my terms to any game not on my list here https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12579.0
plus actual shipping, which should be about $8 USA.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 12:49:17 AM »
I had the TurboBooster Plus back in the day and I totally do NOT remember the front of the box. The art is much more compelling than what I thought it would be. The back of the box is much more familiar to me (probably because it echoes the pamphlets and brochures).

Thanks.

|    | 

Xray

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 05:35:21 AM »
Yeah, turbo advertising graphics were simple, yet eye catching and effective - Probably their intention, no doubt.
Box is on hold for a tentative trade for fantasy zone.
Glad I looked in it, found a turbo tap extension cord and an extra wall wart plug in it that I had no idea I had.

Xray

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
Box is going to new home, TTB