Author Topic: Looking for High Res scans of all Tg-16 duo and Pc Engine Duo games  (Read 260 times)

Wrex

Anyone have a set/website to find the best quality scans other than thecoverproject?  I'm making custom dvd style cases for my games, but having a difficult time finding quality scans of the games covers/backs?  These covers are for myself personally, but I would gladly share them with everyone once i'm done.  (made a custom double dragon II case last week, it isn't perfect, but works well for me!) 

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/Tison171/DoubleDragon2finale.jpg

sunteam_paul

Re: Looking for High Res scans of all Tg-16 duo and Pc Engine Duo games
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
My site has some.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Wrex

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
Your site is actually great btw!  I've used it to look through countless great titles for me to find/try!  Plan to use some of your scans as well (btw I have zero intentions of selling or taking credit for any scans used on my cases, the above double dragon 2 was taking from an extremely high res Nes cover, and I Photoshopped out all of the Nintendo cover elements to better match the pc-engine cover, even though it isn't exact).  If i do use any scans to post a cover on here, I do at least plan to post where I found my scan, if thats okay with you?

sunteam_paul

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Yep. that's fine.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Firebomber7

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
I'm curious as well, where I might find some printable scans of manual covers, backs and spines/spine stickers. I have a few loosies that I would love to just print at least spines for (but fronts and backs for jewelcases would be good, too). Specifically, I'm needing them for China Warrior, Deep Blue, Takin' it to the Hoop, Super Star Soldier and YsI&II (just the spine/back, as it's the Duo pack-in version). I guess alternatively, does anyone know the fonts that are used in the various spines on TG-16 games?

Bardoly

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:50 AM »
I'm curious as well, where I might find some printable scans of manual covers, backs and spines/spine stickers. I have a few loosies that I would love to just print at least spines for (but fronts and backs for jewelcases would be good, too). Specifically, I'm needing them for China Warrior, Deep Blue, Takin' it to the Hoop, Super Star Soldier and YsI&II (just the spine/back, as it's the Duo pack-in version). I guess alternatively, does anyone know the fonts that are used in the various spines on TG-16 games?

Talk to Sparky.  He may be able to help you with some of what you're looking for.
Here's one of his threads:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9393.0

vestcoat

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
Jewel cases are the way to go. If you're dead-set on DVD cases, there are these:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9444.0

Firebomber7

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Talk to Sparky...
He doesn't bother with common stuff, as he was clear about in that thread and in chats.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:07:08 PM by Firebomber7 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:04:18 AM »
He doesn't bother with common stuff, as he was clear about in that thread and in chats.

Sparks doesn't want to print them for others, but that doesn't mean he won't share scans and/or name the font used.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles