Author Topic: Ys Books I&II Back Insert - Real or Fake?  (Read 185 times)

RyuHayabusa

Ys Books I&II Back Insert - Real or Fake?
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
Ok, so I just bought a copy of the original release of Ys Books I&II on the TGCD off of Ebay. I already had the TTI Turbo Duo version and wanted the original since I found the original box and map I had years ago. However, I found something peculiar about the back insert. The black text on the yellow strip around the top looks almost printed on and not glossy like the black part of the insert where it says CD game. Also, the white inside of the insert isn't glossy like the front. I examined the insert for my copy of Ys III and both sides are glossy. I noticed that there are fake printed copies of the insert for sale on Ebay, but these copies are missing the 849-0072 number next to Ys Books I&II on the sides, so they're different. So, does it sound like an original or a decent homemade copy?

Lost Monkey

Re: Ys Books I&II Back Insert - Real or Fake?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
I just checked mine out and it seems to match your description. The black text on the yellow band doesn't have the same gloss as the rest of the black. The inside is not glossy paper either.  The folds are perforated.  Mine is definitely original, I bought it at retail 18 years ago.

RyuHayabusa

Re: Ys Books I&II Back Insert - Real or Fake?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »
Thanks for the info. Looking at it again, the Ys Book I&II text on the yellow strip looks rough in places, as does where the yellow and black meet. It looks kind of like it came out of an ink jet printer. All the rest of the text looks fine, smooth lines and details. Just want to make sure.