Author Topic: price check on turbo duo  (Read 326 times)

8bitForLife

price check on turbo duo
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
Ya im considering getting a turbo duo black console because im having no luck with my rx with certain issues and someone told me that the turbo duo black have a way better mobo as the rx has a better cdrom. So I'm curious whats the going fair rate for a turbo duo black as ether a usa or jp console maybe give me a price for a modded one also.

I saw a one on ebay for 160 which includes shipping but the sound doesn't work which i think is just a simple cap replacement.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

tggodfrey

Re: price check on turbo duo
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »
Just like every other post on here says.....Contact Keith Courage on this forum for a Duo.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

8bitForLife

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »
ty I msged him and I didnt know he was the guy to msg.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

joe west

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
yes, contact  Keith Courage, i bought one from him, fast-ship, clean and works great
Looking for  loose tg-16 & pc engine hucards

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
The RX/R has the better main board. The CDROM drives are the same. Whoever gave you that info was full of it.

By all means buy whatever you want, but if reliability is what you are looking for you are moving in the wrong direction. The black Duos are the least reliable TG/PCE hardware.

turboswimbz

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Seriously just get a fixed one from Kieth, if that's what you want to get trust me it will be comparable to the e-bay listing by the time you add shipping, but all fixed and cleaned and ready to go.

Zeta is right, just use the search function as this has been discussed many times.  the R and RX tend to be pretty reliable, where as the normal dous have quite a few known issues.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:12:27 AM »
The RX/R has the better main board.

They have better caps, but the PCBs themselves are of lesser quality than those in the original black Duos.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »
Duo-Rs are probably your best bet and put in a chopsado to play U.S games!

Firebomber7

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:45 AM »
The RX/R has the better main board. The CDROM drives are the same. Whoever gave you that info was full of it.
This post made me giggle.

vestcoat

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »
Techies have reported black Duo's having better mainboards, it's just the caps that are shitty:
the tg16 and duo-r are build on low end non critical use only boards, but the black duo (US and JP) are built an aircraft grade materials (except the SMD aluminum caps)

These are the pros and cons as far as I can tell:
Black Duos: headphone jack, best mainboard / worst capacitors, lens tends to jam on CD-Rs
White Duos: better caps, fixed some heatsink issue / cheaper components otherwise (although this hasn't caused any widespread problems that I know of).
Black PCE Duo: half the price of a Turbo Duo.

IMO, buy whatever you want. These things are all twenty years old. Any model is a crapshoot.