Author Topic: playing through Ys Book 1 & 2 again...  (Read 653 times)

turboswimbz

Re: playing through Ys Book 1 & 2 again...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
The Shine is driving me crazy, I should have mapped this place out before running headstrong into it.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
I've looked on these forums... posted WTB ads, as have others since I've been looking, for this game. Have checked the sale forums almost every day. But I haven't seen anything come up. Been searching since I joined back in March. Nothing yet.

Guess I'll keep waiting...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
hmmmm. YS 3, something tells me I'll be wanting this when I'm done. Is there a minimum level to finish book II?, just wondering based on the boss battles and the amount of damage I'm doing.

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

tpivette

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Just left Burn Village, now off to rescure the bridge operator's son. There's an item that I remember getting to get past the area with the super hot temps... can't remember where I found it in my first playthrough. The search begins

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

turboswimbz

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »
ahhhh yes, the duck demon saga, loved that.  I'm off to drain the canals.

tpivette

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
Yeah, figured it out... talked to the weird duck "goons" and turns out I had the item in my possession all along. Just didn't know it neutralized the hot gases!

Rescued the kid, and just arrived back in Burn Village to talk to the father to move on to the next area

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

turboswimbz

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »
Finished the game.  compared to other TG games, This game is by far the best I've played, I see why people re-play it.  I think I did find some flaws with it, but they are so petty, I don't think they are worth listing.  The game really has a charm all it's own which is always a great thing.  very compelling story as well, so many games leave out and sort of personality to the characters. 
   I did find all the backtracking at the end of the story a little daunting, Am I the only one who found the belfry to be completely unnecessary? 

tpivette

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 05:19:48 AM »
Great... theres backtracing? Can you use the Teleport magic to get where you need to go, or is there literally alot of actual walking you have to do?

I finished up last night by getting through the Shrine, now I have to find the escaped prisoners in the canals...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

turboswimbz

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 05:42:20 AM »
You can warp say to ramaia, or a couple spots within the shrine, but then you have to walk to a certain spot in the shrine... I found it forces you to remember where you saw/heard things to get back to that part of the shrine and grab what you need, warp and repeat. [which kinda stinks especially for just a grab and go as there are few battles and enemies other than in the outside of the shrine.]  Basically they build one hell of a suspense once you get into the shrine to gather what you need for the final battle. In all I think I spent about 1/2 of my game time in book 2 on the shrine.

yeah every time you think you've gotten all the shrine has to offer this game throws something new on you I found. But the story from where you are is pretty freaking good. and the this canal task will give you an idea of the type of backtracking that you have to do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:47:32 AM by turboswimbz »

fraggore

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »
Playing this a bit more... at the part where I explore the house where the monsters swarm out of the wall when you ring the Evil Bell. Just had the way to the shrine opened and am currently spamming the endless supply of monsters to level up to 45 and save enough money for the strongest equipment/items that are availible in Rance Village before I continue on my journey...well, except the Life Drop. $60,000, holy shit!!!

i always hogged at that point, man i finished this game about 12 times when i was younger got addicted and loved it, i really fancy playing it again now awesome game with stunning music.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

fraggore

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
I've looked on these forums... posted WTB ads, as have others since I've been looking, for this game. Have checked the sale forums almost every day. But I haven't seen anything come up. Been searching since I joined back in March. Nothing yet.

i know a shop that has it in wales for £29.99 they may ship it to you worth a ask.
http://www.otakuzoku.com/page5.php

tpivette

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 07:36:21 AM »

i know a shop that has it in wales for £29.99 they may ship it to you worth a ask.
http://www.otakuzoku.com/page5.php

Wonder what shipping would be. $29.99 euros is around $38 dollars. Add shipping to america and it probably totals close to the $50 I've seen it go for on ebay

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

fraggore

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
ohh well it was just a thought.

turboswimbz

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
I so want to run into things at full run with a sword now.