Author Topic: WTB A few games  (Read 266 times)

T.A.P.

WTB A few games
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:24:42 AM »
I don't want to be thought of as that guy that joins a new forum just to use its market section, but there were some games I want to get, and no other forum I visit or store I go to ever sells TG16 stuff, so I thought I'd try here.

I'm looking for complete copies of a few US games. I'd love to get them with the outer cardboard box, but that seems to be even more impossible than just finding games for sale. Anyway, here's a few things I'd love to get:

Exile 2 (I realize this one probably wont happen)
Vasteel
Ys 3

If you have any of those and want to part with them, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:52:34 AM by T.A.P. »

T.A.P.

Re: WTB A few games
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:27:59 AM »
Since I'm pretty new to Turbo stuff, could someone help me get an idea of what fair prices would be for those games?

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:58:09 AM »
Hmmm here's what i"ve seen recently:

airzonk game + manual and shipping $50-$70
Ys III + manual with case and shipping $55 - 75$

FeeBay seems to be towards the higher end.

Fair, idk about that, but for the most part it's the going rates I've seen.  I'd say $5-$10 cheaper is better, and $15 is a pretty darn good deal IMO.

others here may have a better idea.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:07:15 AM »
Air Zonk can be gotten on the cheap.  The one I'm raffling off right now I picked up for $19.99 + shipping off eBay.  The second copy, which I also got off eBay, cost me $29.99 w/manual and it was in excellent condition.  I've also seen Air Zonk at a local reseller (hu card only) for $30.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turboswimbz

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:09:23 AM »
Yeah I use to see Airzonk for that all the time, last couple of months though it seems like it's been impossible to find for under $40. 
Might be one to hold out on then.

Thanks FQ

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »
Don't bother with the outer box for Ys III, it is pricey and will mess up your CD game storage since most of them do NOT have boxes.

T.A.P.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:37:38 AM »
Wow. I'm really starting to regret not buying Ys 3 a few years ago when I saw it for $20. :(

At the time I was only trying to collect games if they had the outer cardboard box (I figured that way I would save a few bucks since it meant I wouldn't be buying as many games, dumb I know). Since then I've pretty much given up on finding games with the outer cardboard box.

turboswimbz

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 08:44:21 AM »
yeah, I find however that sometimes you can get a lot with extra boxes or people like me who really don't care for the extra boxes will trade or sell for just the boxes. 

as example, I have ninja spirit, hit the ice, amd worldclass basseball boxes I'm looking to get rid of so don't worry you still might find some boxes.  Also look at the bright side, TG16 is hot right now, but you never know the bubble might burst after a little while and you can scoop up some stuff back at cheaper prices yet again.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »
Yeah, I regret selling Y's 1 2, but I needed mortgage money. :cry: