Author Topic: PCE to Jamma  (Read 272 times)

Bejita

PCE to Jamma
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
I picked up a Virtua Fighter arcade cab with a 25" monitor in it last night for practically nothing. The only problem is the guy was going to mame it and butchered all the wires for the virtua fighter board.
A member on this forum is sending me an RGB modded PCE-Duo and I was wondering how hard it would be to hook up to jamma? are there adapters made or would I be better off trying to rig it up myself?

PunkicCyborg

Re: PCE to Jamma
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:39:08 AM »
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:49:40 AM »
Isn't VF a medium res game? Maybe it was just VF2.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »
Isn't VF a medium res game? Maybe it was just VF2.

Model 1 is mid rez, but I do not know of a mid only monitor. I'm sure it's a 15/24Mhz.

Bejita -> is it the standard US woody for VF or was it a conversion? No loss on the board being berserker claw'd, it's just Virtua Fighter. Since it's not JAMMA, the SCART->Arcade thing is not gonna help you much. PICS with shots of the insides!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Bejita

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »
It is a standard Virtua Fighter cab, I'll try and take some pictures when I get off work tonight. All the wiring has been completely stripped, and the guy ripped out the power supply and lost it. He gave me a new Happ Power Pro and my monitor has a black and white wire coming out of it with a with a molex connector, I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to get power to it.  I'm going to have to order a jamma harness and completely re-do everything. The poor cab was in really rough shape but I think I can save him! The artwork on it is in great condition, but the cab itself has seen better days. I've always wanted to get into arcade cabinets and this is my first one, so it's going to be an experience.

Bejita

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
Sadly I have to abandon this project. Found out the monitor in it is 24mhz and there's not much I can do with it. I don't really have the funds to purchase a new monitor so I've decided to give it away on craigslist. :(

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
Found out the monitor in it is 24mhz and there's not much I can do with it.

That sucks. When you part it out, post of the monitor model since you'll want that info anyhow to sell it.

The CRTs I have in my cabs have a cable that can go to one of two conectors on the chassis that dictates low or mid rez.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Bejita

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
It's a Promax M6300 25". I can't seem to find much information on it other then its 25mhz. :(

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Does the ST-V run medium or just standard res? A dedicated ST-V cab would be nice.

Also: I would verify that it indeed is medium res-only. It might actually sync to 15hz.

monads

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »
So is anyone here making/providing adapters or is Tim the only one?