Author Topic: WTB- looking for the music cd+g that was included with the system (trade or buy)  (Read 1579 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
This one went too high because it included 'turbografx' in the listing.  Stupid OMG RAR3Z collectors....  [-(

If you're just looking to enjoy the experience, you can pick up the Sega CD version off Amazon.com for a lot less than the TG-16 CD version.  And from what I hear, it includes all the same CD+G songs.

They feature some of the same artists, but the track listings are completely different.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MotherGunner

Rock Paintings is a better experience anyways.  The Informaiton Society tracks make the whole thing worth it.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Marll

Wow, I'm glad I still have my original one, sounds like the prices are insane to get one of these. I hope that anyone that needs one is able to get it eventually.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

vestcoat

I cant post my bidding limit in a public forum without possibly being taken advantage of by ebay sellers.
If you want to improve your chances, it's best to not even talk about items like this. Countless noobs surf these boards looking for CIB collections with no idea what it entails. Judging by their weekly posts, most of these "collectors" don't even know which hucards don't have boxes. As soon as they hear about some worthless piece of paper or extra plastic crap, they go buy it on ebay: "What? Two games with extra cardboard wraps?" $300. "Ys had a map?!?" $75. "Red and black versions?" $50. "OMG R@RE Bikini games?" $400.

More ignorance = more good deals.

SignOfZeta

Rock Paintings is a better experience anyways.  The Informaiton Society tracks make the whole thing worth it.

The full length CD that those InSoc tracks are taken from is worth about $5, and it's probably the best CG+G ever made. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
If you want to improve your chances, it's best to not even talk about items like this. Countless noobs surf these boards looking for CIB collections with no idea what it entails. Judging by their weekly posts, most of these "collectors" don't even know which hucards don't have boxes. As soon as they hear about some worthless piece of paper or extra plastic crap, they go buy it on ebay: "What? Two games with extra cardboard wraps?" $300. "Ys had a map?!?" $75. "Red and black versions?" $50. "OMG R@RE Bikini games?" $400.

More ignorance = more good deals.

Too true, vestcoat.  It probably wouldn't have mattered this time (not with TG-16 in the auction title), but I'll just send a PM if I see another one.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

The full length CD that those InSoc tracks are taken from is worth about $5, and it's probably the best CG+G ever made. 
+1. With or without a sampler disc, the real treat is enjoying another facet of our favorite system's technology. The Information Society and Hendrix discs are great, the Sega disc is, like, $3 and all are easily found. The Devo disc doesn't seem to exist, unfortunately.

roflmao

Yes!!

MotherGunner

Yep, I got the full CD too and the whole this is awesome.  Just start at track one and hit play.
-MG

MotherGunner

Looks like the winning bidder is an a$$hole reseller and he has relisted it.  Didn't even bother to take a new pic either, just reused the same photo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-CD-G-A-New-Dimension-COMPLETE-Sampler-TurboGrafx-16-CD-System-Pack-In-/221143322764?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337d2b508c
-MG

esteban

Yep, I got the full CD too and the whole this is awesome.  Just start at track one and hit play.

HELL YES, of course I have this CD+G album as well. The sense of humor is actually pretty refreshing. They packed a decent amount of "comments" and content into that release. It seems as if the band were totally into it (which is unusual, even today). Information Society had a nerdy passion for technology...awesome.

Do any of you have the Alphaville CD+G to sell me? Or the CD+G Talking Heads album (Naked)? I have the regular versions of these albums...

|    |