Author Topic: Ebay seller doujindance ...  (Read 329 times)

Nec.Game.head

Ebay seller doujindance ...
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »
What do you guys think about seller doujindance on ebay? He heavily modify's his Duo-r's, region free and scart video rgb. They seem to be in really great condition. And in my opinion the buy it now price seems a bit cheap. Averaging out between 200 and 270 dollars so far. Even after the shipping cost of 75.00 dollars the price still seems very reasonable between 275 and 350. His Duo-r's have been selling within the first hour lately. What do you guys think of his selling strategy, pricing and quality of his modding skills?
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Ebay seller doujindance ...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
It seems his quality has been lacking as of late. A few people here have had issues with their systems from him or something, though I have to add that my Duo-R is from him, and the mod work he did in mine looks solid. I went in and undid the RGB out since I planned to use the Av out port to host Svideo out instead of RGB out.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »
I have one of his Duo-Rs.  I got it from Black Tiger.

Theres a gay bend at the top of the thing when you play it via RGB.   Still trying to figure that one out.

Don't know if its the system or the cable.

other than that, his work is solid. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
Ah good to know.. I haven't personally seen one of his Duo's in person .. I have only seen other people's youtube videos on his Duo's .. Hope to here more info on this guy .. I have a few friends that have been wanting to buy from him and I told them to wait on it until I do some more research on the guy ..
                                                          Thanks for the reply ....
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Your best bet would be to go through Keith Courage, his work is outstanding! I highly recommend him over some guy on ebay with questionable mods.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »
Your best bet would be to go through Keith Courage, his work is outstanding! I highly recommend him over some guy on ebay with questionable mods.

I'd have to agree. You will at least get a system from someone local, and you will get better customer service then from Doujin who seems to have had communication issues regarding troubleshooting and backing his mod work lately. If you care to read up, I think there is a couple of threads in the mod/repair section concerning Doujin issues, and Hercs system was also a Doujin deck that had issues that had to be repaired.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »
I got system from him in January on 2010, it was $220 shipped for a rgb modded duo-r with a ave 6 pad. His prices have gone up. I'm  not sure if his region mods are using a mechanical switch or one using a chip like a lot of members use here. The RGB looks pretty good. I would recommend one if you plan on using the RGB but if not you can find jut as good of a deal elsewhere.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »
Right on guys .. I'm not planing on buying one from him at all .. I'm buying a Duo-r from bartre .. I'd rather support my Nec community anyways by buying one from here .. I was just wondering because I've been following his sales for the past 4 months now .. Some of my buddies want to buy some Duo-r's from him because they saw this video's on youtube .. Just doing my friends a favor by doing some research for them, because their not members here yet .. Their new school retro gamers that are just starting to learn about all the awesome late 80's and early 90's consoles and hardware add ons from that time in gaming ..

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »
my duo r has jailbars sadly which drive me nuts but otherwise the rgb looks good
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

thesteve

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
i have worked on systems with his RGB mod
the bow in the pic is an issue with your sync seperator, not the mod.
he is using an IC amp for RGB.
havent seen his region mod, but it has to be a chip based one, tho likely the old style.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »
I just got a Duo-R from him and am not happy with it.

My CD drive wasn't working, I had to open it up and fix it myself. The RGB mod doesn't look the greatest, it's too bright and there's a slight shimmering in all four corners. Most annoyingly it intermittently makes my TV flick between 4:3 and 16:9 modes, pretty much makes playing in RGB impossible for me now. Also, it looks like crap when ran through a component encoder.

I'd never buy from him again nor would I recommend him to anyone.

I could have bought a boxed and complete Duo-R from Hit-Japan in nicer condition and had it RGB modded by someone locally for cheaper than what doujindance charges for a loose system plus shipping.

Senshi

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
I bought one about three years ago from Doujin and I haven't had any problems. I believe it was around 225 shipped to the US.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:12:21 PM by Senshi »
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Jibbajaba

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
I got my Duo-R from him about 18 months ago and it's great.  But some of the comments here would definitely make me second-guess myself when considering buying from him again.

Chris

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »
Wow that's no good .. It seems like lately he's been doing shitty work compared to the solid work he once did before .. I'll be sure to show my friends this post so they can read all this info for them selves .. doujindance is no bueno !!!

tiptopjames

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »
seconding buying from keithcourage, i have had two of his systems so far and they both are fantastic.

also i would recommend buying a broken console and sending it to either thesteve, keithcourage, or turbokon. i have had mods from all three of them, and a bit of repair work from thesteve and cannot speak highly enough of my experiences.