Author Topic: Opinions needed, Best way to get a card for my TG-16 + CD  (Read 228 times)

turboswimbz

Opinions needed, Best way to get a card for my TG-16 + CD
« on: December 15, 2012, 06:34:22 AM »
      I have a very nice (bitchin') TG-16 + CD set up (no mods / all orginal).  However I don't have a System card. 

SO,

1) what system card would I should I get to be able to use this set up?

2) what cards work will work with my set-up? - I tried searching the forum for the answer but, didn't see anything definte to my situation.

3) aside: anyone have a card that they are willing to part with / complete or card only?

Keep in mind I have a duo with arcade duo card, so I do have the means to play most Cd's.  Basically I don't want my cd system to be just a dust collector, and I tried running a cd-r in my black pce duo and it wasn't good, so I'm hoping to run some patched games with the TG-16 with CD. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

PunkicCyborg

Re: Opinions needed, Best way to get a card for my TG-16 + CD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 06:40:37 AM »
pce 3.0 card and either a region mod or a chopsado stuck to the card. the converters are too expensive these days. you already have an arcade card so don't bother. hunting down an arcade card pro
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Just get a region mod for your TG-16 and you might as well have s-video added while you're at it.

Then either buy a cheap System 3.0 card or Arcade Card Pro and then sell/trade your Arcade Card Duo.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Firebomber7

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:59:49 AM »
I concur that both Punkic and Tiger have excellent suggestions. Getting a US 3.0 card is just too expensive, and sticking to the regular TG-CD card is too restrictive. Either use a Chopsado on a 3.0 or Arcade Card, or region-mod the system.

TR0N

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:41:21 PM »
I concur that both Punkic and Tiger have excellent suggestions. Getting a US 3.0 card is just too expensive, and sticking to the regular TG-CD card is too restrictive. Either use a Chopsado on a 3.0 or Arcade Card, or region-mod the system.
That's what she said !! All kidding aside id go with what most have suggested turbow.Converters are over priced these days.Either have the,TG16 region modded and use a JP 3.0 card or acd pro or with a chopsado.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:43:12 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

thesteve

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
the other system cards work on flash carts too.
the duo can be tuned (may need laser) to work perfect with CDR's