Author Topic: Does anybody here have a PCE LT?  (Read 341 times)

galam

Does anybody here have a PCE LT?
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
I dont currently have any way of playing PCE hueys, so I started looking at an LT. is this thing really getting the prices I'm seeing?  $1400+. What the poop?

Does anyone have one? Just curious on opinions of it.

Bernie

Re: Does anybody here have a PCE LT?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:06:12 PM »
There are a few here that have one.  Mg opinion, its not worth it.  Mainly a collection piece far as I'm concerned.

Sadler

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Don't have one yet, but working on it. If you are just looking for a way to play PCE hueys, the LT is probably the last system you should consider. :) While very cool, there are way, way cheaper ways to be playing PCE.

EDIT: I guess I can expand on that. It's portable. It has a higher resolution screen than the GT/Express. It has a controller port and the ability to hook it up to CD Rom attachments (including the Super CD Rom, though that takes either an impossible to find accessory or a hack saw as I understand it). It's one of the coolest pieces of hardware ever made in my opinion. Is it worth $1400? Probably not, but that's really up to the buyer.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:09:21 PM by Sadler »

BlueBMW

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »
I have one, its not worth the price.  Neat hardware, but thats it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

RoyVegas

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
There are a few here that have one.  My opinion, its not worth it.  Mainly a collection piece far as I'm concerned.

Well said... This....
All is well. :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »
I dont currently have any way of playing PCE hueys, so I started looking at an LT. is this thing really getting the prices I'm seeing?  $1400+. What the poop?

Does anyone have one? Just curious on opinions of it.

I don't have one, but I've used BMWs and the one cdamm was selling.

In any event think of it as a giant Turbo express with a controller port. The screen has the same types of issues, slow refresh and ghosting from the TE screen. It's totally for collectors only as it's just not worth using as a primary PCE setup.
--DragonmasterDan

hoobs88

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »
I have one...definitely a collector's item. My modded Turbo Express gets more play.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turbokon

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »
I want one too but no way I can afford to play that much for one. Blue lend it to me back in June.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

tggodfrey

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
That is def the coolest picture I have seen here and i love the concept of putting the LT in a Briefcase setup.

Sadly the price just isnt worth it.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

hoobs88

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 06:52:13 AM »
Unfortunately, the briefcase lid won't fit on top of the LT since it is taller than the other PC Engines.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Flare65

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:59 AM »
I bought mine on a whim from someone who needed the cash right away.  Came complete in box with instructions AC adapter etc....  also came with a spare AC adapter.   It doesn't see a lot of game play but its great for bringing over to a relatives house for some gaming if you're gonna be stuck there for a while.  Came in handy over the holiday weekend while at the in-laws house.  My hands and a bit large and it is uncomfortable to hold.  I find myself plugging in a controller in it for extended gaming sessions.  I've seen pictures of it plugged into the briefcase style cd-rom unit, so you can play CD games on it.  I'm assuming that the TV function is useless now since all broadcasts are digital now here in the USA, though it does have an external antenna jack on it similar to the one on the Turbo Express TV tuner.

Problem is that these systems are getting so rare and hard to come by, I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable lugging it around.  More of a collectors piece than anything now. 

Probably a better solution is just to get a Sony PSP and load the roms on it. 

BlueBMW

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »
You have to deal with all the shortcomings of a portable (poor quality screen, awkward to hold etc) but yet its not portable, it has to be plugged in.

Turbokon, soon my friend :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
No worries blue, one more week and we will be heading for savannah, Georgia.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com