Author Topic: Should I buy Magical Chase loose for $85 or just get a $45 flash card.  (Read 878 times)

vxbinaca

Re: Should I buy Magical Chase loose for $85 or just get a $45 flash card.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »
I'm in a similar boat, Keith.

I can either get gamesforyous card and/or the naked TED.

or

Toilet Kids, Pastel Lime and Kato & Ken for about the same price CIB.

I have a decent collection of worthy PCE games right now. Even with my cheap UFO Pro 8 on my SNES, I can play all but 30 games on the SNES. I can play patched ROMS, homebrew (after padding/fiddle F-ing with the ROMS), and unreleased titles. Clocktower complete might be one of the only games I'd buy after getting this cart, and even then it's not enough to spend $40 on a display piece.

Honestly I see no need to expand my collections much further unless I want to display games. That said, if a CIB Splatterhouse/K&K goes on sale for the right price (see: below $20 for SH/$10 for K&K), I'll buy it.

Magical Chase is over-rated. It's yet another shooter, and a girly one at that. Just get both flash cards. One for general use, and GFUs card for SGX/natural play (since the TED won't fit in the SGX) where the game snaps on with no menus. They're both affordable enough (not like SD2SNES or ED64) to get.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:08:25 AM by vxbinaca »

jperryss

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »
Magical Chase is over-rated. It's yet another shooter, and a girly one at that. Just get both flash cards. One for general use, and GFUs card for SGX/natural play (since the TED won't fit in the SGX) where the game snaps on with no menus. They're both affordable enough (not like SD2SNES or ED64) to get.

I think only the USB version of the TED won't fit in the SGX.

spenoza

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 02:18:38 AM »
I'd rather spend $85 on a good loose 16-bit cart than a brand new current gen game.

I won't spend $85 on ANY game. My price valuations are the same for old and new games. I don't buy any game newer than a couple years, anyway, and thanks to Steam sales, I rarely have to pay more than $15 for even massive, 100+ hour games. I'm a cheapskate and I know it. Know thyself. Once my financials improve (and student loans fade) I'm sure my valuations will change.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

tggodfrey

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
I bought the GOY 45.00 card for the same reason.  I loaded MC on it and I am happy.  I see no need ot buy the JPN version or hunt a US version.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy