Author Topic: New holes or existing ones  (Read 296 times)

fsa

New holes or existing ones
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:25:18 AM »
When you do any modification on you turbo do you put new holes or do you most likely use the existing ones.

Personally I find it hard to put any holes in my turbo as it changes the look of the system even if it's my spare one, I like to keep it oem.

What are some thoughts on this?
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

MotherGunner

Re: New holes or existing ones
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:31 AM »
For region, you can go switchless.  For inputs, depending what you want, you really have limited options.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »
switchless only works on turbo express or GT systems. So you have to use a switch. I usually put a switch on the rear of the system so that way you don't really notice it. Although in the past I have mounted some on the side which still doesn't look bad as long as it is black.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:38:20 AM by Keith Courage »

MotherGunner

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
I stand corrected.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

RainMaker

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
Hey Keith check your inbox.

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
I wasn't exactly sure what this thread was about when I first read the title :|

Now I see that it's about modding!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Duo_R

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »
well for region switch I place them somewhere it isn't obvious, Turbo Duo has switch on the back, and TG-16 I use a very small push switch not very noticeable. But for these you do have to make holes.

for audio and video mod however I do use existing holes, so it looks OEM. Check out the TG-16 that I did for my brother in law not that long ago. I got rid of the RF unit and replaced with video and audio ports, I'm pretty happy with it.

When you do any modification on you turbo do you put new holes or do you most likely use the existing ones.

Personally I find it hard to put any holes in my turbo as it changes the look of the system even if it's my spare one, I like to keep it oem.

What are some thoughts on this?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

KingDrool

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
This thread isn't nearly as dirty as I thought it was going to be. Disappointed.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

GohanX

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
It depends. I like to keep things looking as stock as possible, but when doing things like installing jacks you pretty much have to do some drilling. I like to put stuff in locations that make it look like it came from the factory, or using tiny parts and placing them in the back.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 03:07:13 AM »
I love drilling new holes.

....yeah.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
I mean, it depends.  If it's mine, I like to keep the holes that are there and only make them bigger if need be.  If it's not mine, I will destroy those holes and use holes for other things dont need to be used, but would like to try with something that isnt mine.  I dont want to break my own...
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

xelement5x

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
... using tiny parts and placing them in the back.

teehee  :lol:
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story