Author Topic: PC Engine/Turbo Emulation on PSP  (Read 311 times)

KingDrool

PC Engine/Turbo Emulation on PSP
« on: July 22, 2005, 01:33:18 AM »
Does anyone know if this is being worked on?  It'd be great to be able to play Turbo games on my PSP.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

lord_cack

Re: PC Engine/Turbo Emulation on PSP
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 01:51:09 AM »
Quote from: "jlued686"
Does anyone know if this is being worked on?  It'd be great to be able to play Turbo games on my PSP.

There is a big discussion about it over in the "General" section on the Magic Engine forums. Check it out.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

NeoFreak

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:29:09 AM »
yeah, it's all up and running from what I heard...I think they even have Rondo going on the psp but with crackling sound.

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

KingDrool

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 03:21:14 AM »
So are they working on getting Magic Engine to PSP?  

Also, has anyone here used a PC Engine emulator on the PSP?  If so, how does it work?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

lord_cack

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 04:05:38 AM »

The forum thread at ME says no....no ME on PSP
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Pcenginefx

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 07:23:14 AM »
I actually have been wanting to start a thread about this here - I am a big PSP supporter and I have got the TG/PCE emu to work fine with my PSP.  I also tried some Super CDs (Drac X and LoT) and they load up fine, but the music is buggy (decoding of the MP3s is very poor/jumpy) and LoT doesn't get past the title screen.  There is a new version of the PCE emu out which I have yet to try however....
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 08:55:38 AM »
The only reason why I would ever want to get a PSP is for emulators (it has a nice screen for a portable). But even then, I much rather perfer to play games on the real systems and I can easily do emulation on my PC, better emulation too (even if it's not portable). Also Playstation d-pads are disgusting!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 05:36:55 PM »
I just tried Bonk's Adventure on a PSP for the first time 2 hours ago, that is on my friend's PSP (I want one so bad). It's definitely amazing.

AlexKidd

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 05:49:26 PM »

Also, has anyone here used a PC Engine emulator on the PSP?  If so, how does it work?

I currently have pc engine,snes and nes emulators on my psp and they all work pretty well. I only have hucard games on it due to lack of memory but what's on there is nice. You can choose to play them in widescreen or the original screen. If you'd like to download the emulator it can be found on www.pspupdates.com though you have to download the psp exploit tool first. If you have any more questions I can probably help you out.

KingDrool

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:21 AM »
Resurrecting this old thread from the grave...

It occurred to me today that my PSP's been sitting in a corner for the past months, completely neglected. "Why not try to get a PC Engine emulator running on it?" However, I can't seem to get any of them to run, and I'm starting to suspect it's because my firmware is too recent. It's version 6.6.

So, have any of you had any luck running a PC Engine emulator on your PSP? If so, which one do you use, and what PSP firmware is required to use it?

Got one to sell? PM me!

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »

I currently have pc engine,snes and nes emulators on my psp and they all work pretty well.

All of the SNES or PCE emulators I download either run suuuuper slow or have shit audio!  Can you recommend any?
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NightWolve

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »
So, have any of you had any luck running a PC Engine emulator on your PSP? If so, which one do you use, and what PSP firmware is required to use it?

Bernie would be the one to talk to. I helped him get Dracula X running many years ago on his and it led to the /PCEP option for TurboRip. Yeah, there is an issue of firmware before you can use the Japanese PCEP emulator. I dunno if there are newer ones now, but that was one of the first.

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
I've got a PSP and thought about modding it to play emulators. That was before I discovered the Xperia Play phone by Sony Ericcson. It's an old school gamer's dream portable device. I use an app called PCE.emu and it works like a dream, both with cards and CDs. Same goes for NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation, etc. Got a 32gb card, put my games on it, and now it's the ultimate portable gaming machine. The Playstation controls work great, much better than using touchscreen controls like other phones. Highly recommended for anyone looking for emulation on the go.

Gogan

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 06:15:21 AM »
I modded mine with a borrowed battery from BlueBMW. I forget what firmware, 5.3.1 or something like that. All emulators run great on it
Nothin beats the real thing.