Author Topic: What's the going price for a refurbed TG-CD these days?  (Read 330 times)

ApolloBoy

What's the going price for a refurbed TG-CD these days?
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:39:03 AM »
I already have a nice Duo-R to play CD stuff but I'm pretty damn tempted to pick up a TG-CD for the region modded TG-16 I picked up recently. What do you guys think is a good price for a refurbed TG-CD? I'm not looking for the carrying case or anything else, just the drive and dock.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

turboswimbz

Re: What's the going price for a refurbed TG-CD these days?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:16 AM »
I got one for $130 shipped with sys 2.0 card a while back. I'd say around $35 -45 for the dock and 70 -80 for the cd unit. = $105 - $125 range for a pretty good deal.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:20 AM »
Just paid 80 shipped for my Turbo CD unit, that had been refurbished.  Keep in mind, the pce CD unit will work as well. 

ApolloBoy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:02:51 AM »
Just paid 80 shipped for my Turbo CD unit, that had been refurbished.  Keep in mind, the pce CD unit will work as well. 
For the drive+dock or just the drive by itself?
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Bernie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »
This was just for the unit itself.  I dont really care for the USA dock set-up, so I use mine in a briefcase unit.  :) 

ApolloBoy

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
Here's another question, given the choice between picking up a refurbed TG-CD and region modding a Duo-R, which would you guys pick? I know the Duo-R is more practical from every standpoint and I can region mod it at any time, but goddamn do I have the urge to pick up a TG-CD plus Arcade Card.

csgx1

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
You're making it hard on yourself by trying to choose just one system.  There's nothing wrong with owning multiple systems.  I'd get the TG-CD setup in addition to the Duo R.  Just be patient and find a good deal.  While your at it, go get a PCE briefcase system too. :)

If I was forced to pick one, I would go with the TG-CD just because I really wanted one when they were being sold in stores. 

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
Here's another question, given the choice between picking up a refurbed TG-CD and region modding a Duo-R, which would you guys pick? I know the Duo-R is more practical from every standpoint and I can region mod it at any time, but goddamn do I have the urge to pick up a TG-CD plus Arcade Card.

Then you should definitely get a TG-CD and ACD PRO.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ApolloBoy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »
You're making it hard on yourself by trying to choose just one system.  There's nothing wrong with owning multiple systems.  I'd get the TG-CD setup in addition to the Duo R.  Just be patient and find a good deal.  While your at it, go get a PCE briefcase system too. :)

If I was forced to pick one, I would go with the TG-CD just because I really wanted one when they were being sold in stores. 
I already own a Duo-R (RGB modded even) but I'm wondering if I should save my money and region mod my Duo-R, or save the big bucks for the TG-CD. My setup's getting cramped as it is, so it's either mod the Duo and put away the TG-16, or grab the TG-CD and box up the Duo. A briefcase setup would be cool to have, but a few of the expansion port pins on my white PCE are fuxxored which messes that up.