Author Topic: Complete Magical Chase for Sale on E-bay!!!  (Read 2350 times)

munchiaz

Re: Complete Magical Chase for Sale on E-bay!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »
When i first got into youtube videos i used to like videos like petedorr's. I even made a few collection videos. But as time has gone on, ive come to really dislike those videos. The only ones i really like now are shows like bithead1000. He has fun with the show, and itsn't trying to show all the rare shit he bought that hes not going to play.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
I like the format the SuperDeadite does, shows off cool shit then pops it in and plays it well not just a camera pan across his room with the tv turned off lol
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SignOfZeta

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »
I really don't get the whole Youtube scenester thing. The people all seem deranged and the videos paralyzingly dull wank feasts. Some are very informative, such as SuperDeadite's, but the majority are just horrible. Loaded with errors and way too long.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
Classic Game Room is still my favorite. 

My buddy and I are thinking about doing a series of YT videos focussing on good simultaneous 2-player games.  He really wants to do it but I'm still on the fence.  All of the gaming douches on YouTube put me in no hurry to join in.

DarkKobold

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2013, 06:39:18 AM »
I really don't get the whole Youtube scenester thing. The people all seem deranged and the videos paralyzingly dull wank feasts. Some are very informative, such as SuperDeadite's, but the majority are just horrible. Loaded with errors and way too long.

Most of them are just obnoxiously boring. Hold up a game, talk about it in completely general terms for 1 minute, then wash-rinse-repeat for 20 minutes straight. I've always wanted to make a mockery pickup video:

"I am really happy to finally have this game, because I've been looking for it for a long time. Since I've been looking for it for a long time, I'm just really happy to finally have it, because I've been wanting it for a long time, and I have been looking for it. It is really nice to have this game that I'm happy to have because I've been looking for it for a while now, and that makes me happy because I now have it."  Throw the game behind me as if it were trash.

"Now this game, I already have this game, but I am going to sell.. *cough* put it in my trade pile."  (Note, I actually saw a prominent youtuber do exactly that.)

"I picked up this game, now I don't know anything about it, but... " Drone on for 2 minutes about a game I have no idea about.

Hey, you.

Punch

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
The guy in the video seems cool enough except that he's showing it off on YouTube, and he frequents NintendoAge.  So that means he's a schmuck.  I'm surprised that he was willing to buy Magical Chase, considering that it isn't VGA graded.

I still don't get all the hate Nintendo Age gets from here. If they want to spend all their money on games to do museum work and not have fun with them, why not? I know that it is one copy less to be enjoyed, but unfortunately it's their money and it's a free market.

Personally, I could have the rarest game in the whole world but I wouldn't really seal it and not enjoy it, I would play it to death and then maybe sell it. Don't waste your life doing museum work (hint: there are museums already doing preservation of rare videogames), play them instead!

Black Tiger

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Classic Game Room is still my favorite. 

My buddy and I are thinking about doing a series of YT videos focussing on good simultaneous 2-player games.  He really wants to do it but I'm still on the fence.  All of the gaming douches on YouTube put me in no hurry to join in.

This is how it's done-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Jibbajaba

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
The guy in the video seems cool enough except that he's showing it off on YouTube, and he frequents NintendoAge.  So that means he's a schmuck.  I'm surprised that he was willing to buy Magical Chase, considering that it isn't VGA graded.

I still don't get all the hate Nintendo Age gets from here. If they want to spend all their money on games to do museum work and not have fun with them, why not? I know that it is one copy less to be enjoyed, but unfortunately it's their money and it's a free market.

Personally, I could have the rarest game in the whole world but I wouldn't really seal it and not enjoy it, I would play it to death and then maybe sell it. Don't waste your life doing museum work (hint: there are museums already doing preservation of rare videogames), play them instead!

You kind of answered your own question, there.

Punch

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »

You kind of answered your own question, there.

That's what you get by typing what comes into mind without much thinking about the logic of the sentence. It happens sometimes to me. :P

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »
The guy in the video seems cool enough except that he's showing it off on YouTube, and he frequents NintendoAge.  So that means he's a schmuck.  I'm surprised that he was willing to buy Magical Chase, considering that it isn't VGA graded.

People just want to hate. That's it. Period. I frequent this board and NintendoAge. I collect and I play games and I love seeing all the huge collections some of the members at NA have. Also a good place to get a hold of games without having to shell out Ebay cash. It's a good community. I have a rather large collection of consoles and games in the box, including lots of TG16 and PC Engine goodies. I get them out to play them often but I still love looking at my collection. It's a chunk of my youth, like it is for so many. It's funny how people from this or that forum, no matter what hobby or interest it is, bash each other over stupid shit.  :roll:

SignOfZeta

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
People just want to hate. That's it. Period.

Can anyone call someone a "hater", or is it the exclusive domain of horrible people?