Author Topic: Play pce Exile II or Wicked Phenomena?  (Read 257 times)

PunkicCyborg

Play pce Exile II or Wicked Phenomena?
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
I just recently cleared the first Exile and I thought it was a lot of fun. I'd like to play the second one but don't know which version to play. The pce version is the real way the game was intended to play but I'd be missing out on a lot of the dialogue and story since it's in Japanese. The US version is hard to find and the difficulty has been compromised but I'd be able to read everything and follow the story a lot better.
Too bad you can't do like a swap disc trick between the two. Any opinions? I'm leaning toward the PCE version right now.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

td741

Re: Play pce Exile II or Wicked Phenomena?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »
I didn't have too much problem with the US Exile II difficulty to be honest...  Then again, when I was having trouble somewhere, I would do some level grinding.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
I'm sure you could do a swap disc playthrough. But you might have to re-load from time to time when a cinema catches you off guard.

If you're mostly interested in continuing the story of WD's Exile, then WP is the way to go. I believe that the true story of the PCE versions isn't fully intact.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:11:04 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »

STATUS: Do I have the Japanese version? I want to play it. I have the US version and want to compare the two. Hmmmm....
  |    | 

kazekirifx

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »
I'm sure you could do a swap disc playthrough. But you might have to re-load from time to time when a cinema catches you off guard.

I'm curious what kind of effects disc swapping might have on this particular game.