Author Topic: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?  (Read 883 times)

Nando

Re: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »

pc_kwajalein

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 01:27:41 AM »
I don't want anything remade in the typical PS3 full 3D tutorial laden bullet time QTE 120 hours of gameplay bullshit modern way of doing things. No achievements either.

I would like to see flashy remakes/sequels of Valis or Cosmic Fantasy though, more like in the style of the 32-bit era though. High res 2D remakes would be terrific if they used 2D animation with original chara designs for the cinemas, etc.  No polygons, no moe.

I whole-heartedly agree. While I admit that many 2D games remade into 3D projects turn out to be pretty good, in the end I'd rather see remade 2D titles remain 2D with visual upgrades in traditional animation, level design, cutscenes, etc.

That said, I'd really want to make another Kunio-kun game.  :D This time around though it would be a mix of Downtown Nekketsu and Nekketsu Soccer, requiring Kunio to balance his time at Nekketsu High School between competing in athletics against rival schools, defending his friends from bullies, and wooing the ladies. Riki and Mami cameos are gauranteed, as well as appearances from Misuzu, Hiroshi, and other Nekketsu titles. Some even playable to a certain extent.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Otaking

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
Hana Taka Daka

Kato Chan & Ken Chan

I'm only keen on hand drawn sprite based 2D games, so my reboot requests would be in this style, no 3D or textured polygons.