Author Topic: Duo repair  (Read 205 times)

malducci

Duo repair
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but here is a quick fix for those Duo units that won't load CD games anymore. I've known about this problem since 2000, but haven't seen anything on the web about it. This doesn't fix ALL loading problems, just the stuck lens unit issue. I have no idea if the japanese Duo, Duo-R, or Duo-Rx systems are effected by this.

http://www.pcedev.net/duo_repair.html

Keranu

Duo repair
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »
That's a excellent article you wrote, I'm sure this will help a lot.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

frankodragon

Duo repair
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »
I have this problem too but genine Turbo CD's tend to lock the lens all the way to the right as well.  

I don't know if this would help but would greasing the tracks/gears prevent the lens from getting stuck?

shadowlife25

Duo repair
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:39 PM »
Not too sure if greasing the tracks will help, but if anyone wants, I have the tools to do it if you are unsure about it. All that is required is some lubricant that is suitable for electronics that comes with a "needle" tip applicator. These can be found cheaply at Radio Crap or any high-end electronics store.
M.