Author Topic: SOLD: TG-16+CD+Case. CD drive repaired by BlueBMW  (Read 417 times)

turboswimbz

Re: FS: TG-16+CD+Case. CD drive repaired by BlueBMW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »
Excuse me, Mr. Arkhan (the wonderful), Have you sold this Item Yet?  I am interested in possibly purchasing this Package from you.  I will send you a PM to inquire further. Thank You.

FIXED
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

turboswimbz

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »
Not interested, although the price is excellent.  Just dropping in to say that the clip on the hard case is fixable as long as you haven't lost the clip.  I have the exact same hard case and fixed the clip using a finishing nail.

Do you still have it?  If so, I can explain how to fix.  It's quite simple.

Mind Sharing? I have a good idea on how you might have done this but I'm interested on how you did it befrore I attempt it if need be, I have a clip going all loose on me.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
it's still for sale, yes.

and no, I don't have the clip anymore.  I never had it to begin with.  lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »
SOLDED.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:53:00 AM »

Mind Sharing? I have a good idea on how you might have done this but I'm interested on how you did it befrore I attempt it if need be, I have a clip going all loose on me.
All you need is;

qty 1 - 1" finishing nail
qty 1 - pair of heavy electrical cutters
qty 1 - Gorilla Glue/Krazy Glue or Epoxy
qty 1 - Hand drill/Electrical drill
qty 1 - Drill bit (same width as the finishing nail)
qty 1 - Hard Shell Case clip.  The clip must be good, no broken mounting holes.

If you have a broken clip, that is to say, you have a intact clip, but the clip mounts are broken this method is a sure fired way to get that intact clip back on your hard shell and working better than new.

The reason the clips on the hard shell case fall off is because they are only held in place with two small plastic mounts.  I'll refer to them as "bumps".  Anytime I've ever gone to open the hard case I press the clips incorrectly.  I feel they were designed upside down.  When you do this you put pressure on the wrong location (the bumps) and often one or both bumps wear off or bust off completely.

You must have an intact clip for this to work.

Step 1 - If the clip hasn't already fallen off, remove it.
Step 2 - Locate the worn bump or the location where the bump was.  You should be able to see it quite easily.
Step 3 - If the bump is badly worn, or only partially broken you need to use a utility knife to remove whatever is there.
Step 4 - Use your drill to drill out a small hole.  This will be quite awkward because of space limitations, but it is doable.  Just be patient.  Make sure to keep the hole small.  You can always start with a smaller bit and go bigger.
Step 5 - Take the finishing nail and insert the pointy end into the hole from the inside of the hard case.  Insert all the way to the head of the nail.  The head of the nail should not be able to fit through the hole you drilled.  If it does you made the hole to big.  Not to worry, you can just find another nail that will work.  This fix is pretty versatile in that way.
Step 6 - With the finishing nail inserted as far as possible into the hole measure off about 2mm-3mm from the head.  This is where you are going to cut the nail.  Basically you are creating your own "bump" at this point to hold the clip in place.
Step 7 - Cut the nail using the electrical cutters.  Reinsert the nail again.  If the "bump" seems to long still remove and cut again.
Step 8 - Mock install the clip onto your newly created "bump".  If the fit seems good then go on to Step 9.
Step 9 - Take your glue, or epoxy and secure the nail in place.  Wait the appropriate time for it to dry.
Step 10 - Install your clip.

Optional;

Step 11 - Take a black Sharpy and colour the head of the finishing nail so that it blends in with the case.  You probably won't even see the nail due to it's location, but for those of you that are OCD this really helps.

That's it!

I've over complicated it, but I wanted to be thorough.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.