Author Topic: Hudson Asks for Feedback/Turbo Stories!  (Read 636 times)

esteban

Hudson Asks for Feedback/Turbo Stories!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »
Quote from: "deamentia"
Hi gang,

Jay from Hudson here. Since there seems to be a bit of precaution here, I'll give you my email address. However, I ask that you please only use this if you're interested in contributing an article or such on your Hudson or Turbo Grafx gaming experience. We're also looking for writing contributions on popular Hudson titles such as Adventure Island, Tengai Makyo, Ys, and Bomberman.

Thanks!

Jay

websupport@hudsonent.com
How did I miss this the other day? Anyway, rest assured you will have a few contributions from me. I just have to free up some time this weekend and jot something down. I'm having a picnic with my wife this Sunday -- what are the chances she'll let me write about TG-16? ;)

Not very likely :).
  |    | 

Zeon

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »
Hey everyone, I e-mailed Jay of my Turbo Grafx experiences. Here is what he responded with:

Hey Nicholas,

Thanks for sharing your memories with us. We'll probably be using a
snippet
of this for an upcoming article on our website. Is this okay with you?

Regards,
Jason

I, of course, happily agreed, and this was the next e-mail he sent me:

Thanks a lot, Nicholas. Hopefully we'll have this article up in mid to
late
April

Regards,
Jason

This is so awesome! I can't wait to see what sort of article they are going to write up.  :D

akamichi

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 04:51:24 PM »
My first thought is that Hudson might be using these stories to generate some interest in their old games.  My guess would be for Rev's virtual console and/or  Hudson's recent classic remakes on GBA (so far just NES games).

Either way, more exposure for TG/PCE!  :D

FM-77

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 10:15:20 PM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
My guess would be for Rev's virtual console and/or  Hudson's recent classic remakes on GBA (so far just NES games).

That's not it at all. He posted this on Ancient Land of Ys:

Quote from: "deamentia"
Our decision to do features on our old titles has no connection to the recent Revolution announcement. Believe it or not, it was just an odd coincidence.

doomfarer75

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 06:43:07 AM »
This is awesome..
I can't wait to tell them about myself and my buddy's near 16 year rivalry in TV Sports Basketball..:) oops..that's not Hudson though..

Perhaps I can regale them with tales of  the reverent moment he and I fired up the arcane CD technology of the TG-16 cd player in awe for the first time...light shown down from the heavens and we stared as wide-eyed and unblinking as frogs trapped in the rays of a high-powered flashlight...gaming would never be the same. -Doom
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

KingDrool

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 09:51:37 AM »
No matter how they do it, I think it's fantastic that Hudson is finally starting to embrace the Turbografx in this way.  It's really in danger of becoming a forgotten console by the masses here in the states.  Hopefully with this website project coinciding with the Revolution stuff more people will start to take an interest.  I hate going into used game stores, asking if they have any Turbo games (which is always my first question), and having them stare blankly at me.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

deamentia

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 10:22:09 AM »
Well, just make no mistake here, the coverage we're planning on our website isn't limited to the TurboGrafx. We plan on covering everything and anything Hudson has had its hands on! :)

-Jay