Author Topic: Riot Zone 2?  (Read 643 times)

Black Tiger

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 04:03:10 PM »
Although, I don't match any of your brief descriptions, you'd probably rank me somewhere between Turbo GOD and Turbo Shiznit.

Aside from a slew of unique Turbo-insanity qualifications, I had over 150 CD games alone and at least as many HuCards last count, but haven't counted in at least a year or two, while I've continued to buy more and more.

Off the top of my head...

I recently bought a real Sapphire.

I recently bought a mint boxed wireless PCE pad set with 2 boxed pads and am in the process of hatching plans to aquire 2 more boxed pads, just so that I can play a wireless 5 player Bomberman match if I wanted to.

I have a Bonk tattoo and it looks like he'll be joined by Bomberman and Zonk very shortly. I also have a tattoo based on the pentagram from Shaft's stage in Dracula X.

I have 2 to 3 feet(last time I checked...) or more of stacked PCE mags/flyers/books and can't stop myself from buying more every chance I get.

I've "written" several text walkthrough for PCE RPG's where I draw out maps of the dungeons and more in ascii art.

I still have rotting mixed tapes of Turbo music from back in the day. Unfortunately, the music videos featuring rapid cuts of Turbo gameplay graphics that I made have not survived. Nor have the VHS tapes I made featuring every cinema of every CD game I owned back in the day.

I wrote letters to TTI telling them how they ought to be doing things. They wrote me back and sent me a Lords' T-shirt and DM: Theron's Quest.

I bought every single piece of Turbo hardware as it was released(TG $400, TE $550, TE-Tuner $180, TG-CD $800 x 2(ripped off 1st time by mail order store), TD $550). After the RF port in my TG-16 blew, I sent it in for repair to TTI and got a refurbished one back.

Among other Turbo/PCE hardware, I have a Duo RX fully modded(including LED) by D-Lite.

I drew a ton of Turbo art back in the day(most of it lost/destroyed), to go with my handmade maps and guides for like every Turbo RPG. I recently uncovered a bunch of my notes and still have all of my homemade english manuals.

Back in the late 90's, the boyfriend of a co-worker wanted to sell his large PCE collection, which I agreed to buy for $1400 and I spent pretty much all of my spending cash for months paying it off(working a crap low paying job).

I beat Night Creatures simply because it appeared to be the crappiest and hardest/cheapest Turbo game and repeated the feat a years later just to prove it to another die-hard Turbo fan(he refused to believe it till he saw video of the final area).

I explored every nook and cranny of every Turbo game looking for new challenges/ways of playing through games(now popular with games like Metroid Prime). I managed to get into and beat Tiger Man's level with only Mouse Man on Dragon's Curse(morphing straight into Bird-Man) and I came up with a morph jump trick to reach the end of Shapeshifter using only the Shadowcat(circumventing the entire game).

I once had so many legitimate save files in my Turbo CD, that it took up multiple screens and eventually, I started getting phantom saves like Valis XXX or something.

I sent in a Johnny Turbo letter art to EGM with JT frying both Sonic and Mario.

I also sent in what should've been a winning high score for Bloody Wolf and therefore earned a free game. But they gave some bum in the U.S. the prize for a score that was like less than 3/4 of mine. I also discovered many Turbo tricks before they were published in mags, like the Harmit in DE and sent them in to EGM. Once again, I got worked over. At the time, I suspected that it was because I'm Canadian.

I learned katakana from playing Snatcher.

I memorized every line of dialogue in Golden Axe, including the ending cinemas, all from the actual cinemas that I reached by actually beating the game(just try it) repeatedly with each character(but only once with Gilius). When my friend hosted a japanese exchange student years later, she understood every word of it that I spoke(except for names like Deisada/Death Adder).

I have a dedicated SFIICE arcade cabinet with all the artwork that I bought from a local coin-op dealer for $700. But I still prefer the PCE version which I can play flawlessly with a 2 button pad(just try me).

I'll stop now, since I've already doomed myself to the social ranking of Turbo-Loser/Dork.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »
Black_Tiger is by far the biggest Turbo fan I have ever talked to. Him remembering every line in the PCE version of Golden Axe proves enough :D .

Quote from: "Black_Tiger, AKA Son Son II"
Once again, I got worked over. At the time, I suspected that it was because I'm Canadian.

:lol:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

motdelbuort

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 05:47:08 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

I beat Night Creatures simply because it appeared to be the crappiest and hardest/cheapest Turbo game and repeated the feat a years later just to prove it to another die-hard Turbo fan(he refused to believe it till he saw video of the final area).

I want to try this, but I'm going in with save states and any other cheats I can find.

esteban

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Black_Tiger is by far the biggest Turbo fan I have ever talked to. Him remembering every line in the PCE version of Golden Axe proves enough :D .

Quote from: "Black_Tiger, AKA Son Son II"
Once again, I got worked over. At the time, I suspected that it was because I'm Canadian.

:lol:
Yeah, ditto that. Black_Tiger kicks all of our asses. I didn't even know half the stuff he listed, but it doesn't matter, because merely the stuff I knew of prior to his post was awesome enough.
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 06:33:45 PM »
What am I?  Well, I have 426, which is slightly decieiving, since a few games for Turbo, have mutlitple games on them, so I count those, like Implode with Humpball & Crash on it, & Neo Nectaris with Nectaris on it(since I don't have Millitary Madness :oops: ), MBDX, which also has Implode Caravan & Loop.  So, I guess I have 421 total for Turbo, plus a Turbo Grafx, CD unit with 2.0, 3.0, & Arcade Pro.  Turbo Duo, 2 Super Grafx w/ 1 CD unit(not the adapter, but the actual unit that plugs into the back), a PCE GT.  I also have mutlitple copies of some games, including both US & JP versions.  A busted converter :cry:(not the Kisado, but rather, the short purple one),  a Lords shirt, a couple of Bomberman hats, a Sherlock Holmes 2 calculator that looks like a matchbook(& specifically says DUO on it, as opposed to the Sega CD version), a Lords display, a bunch of PC Genjin pins, one where Bonk has a 3 on his head, & is dressed up like Superman & flying, an NEC watch, an old Bonk's Adventure shirt, that's waaaaaaay faded & I haven't seen in years!  There's probably more stuff I'm forgetting, I think I have a TG16 thermos or water bottle or something.  I used to have 3 original MS copies of Super Air Zonk, Bonk 3, & Might n' Magic 3(copies of the games, that they give out to the employee's & for reviews, before they go out for packaging).  All this stuff I got from TTI's last secretary.  Actually, I remember her mentioning that all the guys over there loved me cuz I was so devoted to the Turbo.  I used to also chat it up with one of the Shirley boys over at WD about various games & projects(& learned a few things that has never been down on paper, like what the real reason was that both World Heroes & King of the Monsters 2 never came out, even though they were DONE, FINISHED, COMPLETE :cry:

That's all I can think of offhand.  But I don't want to assume I'm some kind of god or something, how would you rate me :lol:

Oh yeah, I also won a game via EGM, that they never sent me.  Basically, I sent them a password for the last level of Impossamole, & they printed it, & said I'd get a game of their choice, for the Turbo.  However, I did send a list of requests, telling them what I already owned, maybe I shouldn't have done that :oops:   I also got the 2nd highest score in Parasol Stars......which, if I'd known about that rainbow bracelet at the time, I would've beaten the other guy, & gotten(or not, knowing EGM) a shirt or game or whatever.

Keranu

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
Wow, PD. I always knew you had a lot of stuff (and a lot of good stuff) along with the awesome first hand contacts, but I didn't know you had that much! Great stuff. Send me one of your Bomberman hats.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »
Oh yeah, and that Sherlock Holmes calculator sounds killer!

ParanoiaDragon

Riot Zone 2?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 05:31:16 AM »
The calculator I came across recently.  It actually doesn't work very well, even though it's a neat idea.  Bascially, all the buttons, are on the inside of the part that flips up on a matchbook, which is obviously paper thin, well, more like extremely thin cardboard!  I don't personally know anyone else that has one, & I don't know where they gave them out at, or whatever.  It's just one of the many things Eun sent me.  

As for the Bomerman hats, they're MINE :lol:   Actually, I think I only have 1 left.  I remember getting one with the points that you get when you buy a game, that had a black bomberman, & then when I became friends with Eun, she sent me, I think 3 more hats, which had black, green, & red(all the hats are white, with the respective Bomberman's on front, & DUO on the back, in the same color as Bomberman).  I have NO idea where the black ones went, I know my original one was in sad shape.  I think I may have given the black one to a friend, who shortly thereafter, was no longer my friend, not even close :evil: , aaaaaand the same exact thing goes for the red, I gave it to another person, a so called "friend" & we became enemies as well :cry:   So, those are gone.  And my green, heh, it's in terrible shape.  Frankly, I wore it ALOT, & it's white, so, it got dirty really easy, really quick, so I would bleach it from time to time.  The Duo part got a little bleached though, & when I washed the hat, the top part with the metal piece in the middle, that rusted, which I've never seen happen on a hat before, & the rust went thru the fibers & shows :roll:   I wish I had some that I kept MISB, well, not that they were kept in a box, but, I should've sealed them away in a box :oops:

Someday, I gotta take pictures of that calculator somehow.  Maybe if I get my scanner up in running(though, getting other things in place, including my studio equipment for obvious reasons, is more important to me).