Author Topic: PC Engine Chronological Game List  (Read 184 times)

KingDrool

PC Engine Chronological Game List
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:20 AM »
Just saw this post on NeoGAF:

Recently I needed something for a personal project of mine - complete lists of games for older consoles sorted by the release date. Being a lazy bum, I tried searching for an already completed list. Alas, only ones I've been able to find were on Japanese pages, dealing with games released only in Japan.

After a few months of on and off work, I've been able to compile lists that include all games, no matter whether released in Japan, USA or Euroland for a bunch of older systems.

Given the amount of retro threads I see in this forum, I guess there have to be at least a few people here who would enjoy having such lists, so you can find links to them below.
They are standard XML datafiles, easily convertable to your format of choice using DatUtil.

Let me know if you find any errors, or can contribute any of the missing data - release dates especially for Europe are sketchy at best. Please note, before you start making a ruckus about some release dates being off, that all lists use the earliest one as base.

Also of note, release data for most handheld systems earlier than Game Boy Advance can be found here. Different format, has quite a bit more information, including developer/publisher info.

The TurboGrafx-16 overall list is here: LINK

EDIT: Upon further review (reading is fundamental), this list shows the first date the game was released, whether that was in Japan or the US.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:53:18 AM by jlued686 »
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: TurboGrafx-16 Chronological Game List
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
Neato, but aren't those PCE release dates?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

Re: TurboGrafx-16 Chronological Game List
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
Ah shit, just noticed that. Any mods wanna move this to the PC Engine section?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

SuperPlay

Re: PC Engine Chronological Game List
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:05:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing I will get this added to my links thread