Author Topic: Turbo > Duo controller adaptors  (Read 479 times)

guyjin

Turbo > Duo controller adaptors
« on: April 16, 2006, 07:31:30 AM »
Now that TZD no longer carries controller adaptors, Where can I get them? they never seem to show up on EBay...

Any ideas?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

motdelbuort

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »
I've never seen one on Ebay either. With the relatively small amount of people they are targeted at (Turbo Grafx 16 owners who bought a Duo) there probably weren't many made. Your only chance is if there is a piece of computer hardware that was the exact same thing. I believe there was. I wonder if something like this would do the trick? Someone with technical prowess will be along soon to tell you what you need to do though, I'm sure.

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
Buy a female DIN-5 connector and a male miniDIN-5 connector and simply make your own adapter. Extremely simple. (can do the other way around to make a PCE->TG16 adapter.)

guyjin

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/turbocont.htm

But the turbo/duo controllers use more than 5 pins...
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

FM-77

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »
Ah yes, my bad. Make that a female DIN-8 connector and a male miniDIN-8 connector.  :P

theoakwoody

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »
If you have a duo controller and a turbo controller you can simply open them up and swap their cords.  There's no soldering required, the cords are plugged into the controller pcbs so you just unplug one and plug it into the next.  I did this with a avenue 6 pad for the Pc Engine so I could play Street Fighter II on my Turbo CD.