Author Topic: Big OBEY in little Sweden  (Read 249 times)

Ji-L87

Big OBEY in little Sweden
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:27 AM »
There is this game exhibition called "GAME ON 2.0" that Tekniska Museet (The Swedish National Museum of Science and Technology - lol, long name?!) is running at the moment. I went on the first day with a couple of friends - and it was pretty cool.

However, for true believers there were some nice OBEY to be found. which I think might be interesting for you guys.

The PC that was shown and running R-type sadly had a borked D-pad  :-({|= On the other hand, Magical Chase was not only present but fully playable  :mrgreen: :pray:

Edit: MC ran on a separate (and hidden) unit with a much better controller.

Unsure which version of the game it was but it was pretty fun - though I only made it to stage 2.

Sorry for the crappy gameplay photos, the hall with the games was really cramped.  8-[
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:30:10 AM by Ji-L87 »
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Tatsujin

Re: Big OBEY in little Sweden
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
must be le USoA version :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:19 AM »
SWEDES respect PCE.

TrĂ¼ storie.
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:31:03 AM »
must be le USoA version :)

...or secretly hidden to hide the Everdrive.  Regardless it's nice to know places like this showing pc-engine.  Thanks for sharing!

Ji-L87

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:02 AM »
...or secretly hidden to hide the Everdrive.

Hah :mrgreen:

Regardless it's nice to know places like this showing pc-engine.  Thanks for sharing!

Well, yeah, I don't get to share too much with you guys seeing as most action takes place in...pretty much everywhere else :D
A personal let down for me with this exhibition was that there was no Saturn. I wanted others to experience the glory (especially of the import scene). A number of PS1 & Dreamcasts strewn throughout tho'. To the left of Magical Chase was a Dreamcast running Trigger Heart Exelica.
CHECKPOINT!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26:56 AM »
Nice!  Interesting smattering of games they have on display.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Siskan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
The PC that was shown and running R-type sadly had a borked D-pad

Are you sure? I don't own the game, but I think there may be some precoded gameplay showing after a while when left on the title screen or something like that. I was in any case also there and found that I couldn't control the game, but pressing the run button a few times solved it.

By the way, Peppcon in Uppsala had both Saturn and PC Engine.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:07:08 PM by Siskan »

Ji-L87

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
The PC that was shown and running R-type sadly had a borked D-pad
Are you sure? I don't own the game, but I think there may be some precoded gameplay showing after a while when left on the title screen or something like that. I was in any case also there and found that I couldn't control the game, but pressing the run button a few times solved it.

Very sure. I could move left, right and a little up but not downwards. Made it very hard to dodge things like enemy bullets :mrgreen:

By the way, Peppcon in Uppsala had both Saturn and PC Engine.

Now that's more like it!

PeppCon, eh? I haven't been to Uppsala since the last UppCon and that's no more : < And some of my friends are looking for another convention to visit but we haven't had much luck with local events so far.
CHECKPOINT!

Siskan

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:21 AM »
PeppCon, eh? I haven't been to Uppsala since the last UppCon and that's no more : < And some of my friends are looking for another convention to visit but we haven't had much luck with local events so far.
Peppcon was supposed to take over now that UppCon is no more. It wasn't as big though, but it's probably going to grow just like UppCon did over the years.