Author Topic: I just saw  (Read 387 times)

Bonknuts

I just saw
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:34:55 PM »
... Silent Hill. <I can't believe it's not butter>  This movie was awesome.

I usually dread game to big screen adaptations, but this is the best attempt by far - Resident Evil 1 was pretty good, RE2 was lame(had some funny parts though), and Doom3 was laughable.

Grant it I haven't played much of the games in the series, but I pretty much know the jist of the series from my friend telling me about it. From what I can tell, this story takes place before the first Silent Hill game on PS1.

Anyway, the movie didn't have the typical Hollywood bullshit 'in a can' (Tony Scott, George Lucas, Spielberg, etc).

esteban

I just saw
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
I totally want to see this movie. I also thought that RE1 was a decent film for Hollywood standards ... RE2 was disappointing. Never saw Doom -- I don't even remember it being advertised.
  |    | 

Keranu

I just saw
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:50:03 PM »
Dude, I love the Super Mario Bros. movie! (even though it's not like the game much at all :D )
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

I just saw
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 09:33:58 PM »
What would you say the movie is like in a nutshell.  Is it spiritistic, or just more of a Twilight Zone?  I've heard the first 3 Silent Hill's are pure Twilight Zone, with the 4th one being spiritistic, which I don't like. :P

Bonknuts

I just saw
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 09:40:56 PM »
Dude, I love the Super Mario Bros. movie!

Yeah, but you probably liked it because of its cheese factor  :lol:

I've heard the first 3 Silent Hill's are pure Twilight Zone, with the 4th one being spiritistic, which I don't like.

It's a little bit of both, but it sure is disturbing :shock:  I can't believe it was just an "R" rating. I'm definitely buying the "unrated" version when it comes out :D

Keranu

I just saw
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 10:35:08 PM »
Quote from: "Bonknuts"
Yeah, but you probably liked it because of its cheese factor  :lol:

You got it  8) .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Bonknuts

I just saw
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 08:21:11 PM »

Speaking of cheese, have you seen Robot Chicken on adult swim? Last sunday there was a clip about, "I can't believe...  this is Ron Jeremeys butter?!".

I blew coffee out my nose.

Keranu

I just saw
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »
I have only seen Robot Chicken once but man that's awesome seeing Ron Jeremy in a Mario costume! :D

By the way, two other great cheesy game based movies are Double Dragon and Street Fighter... especially Double Dragon :) .