Author Topic: A Few questions  (Read 210 times)

hizaygizirlz

A Few questions
« on: April 16, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »
sorry if these seem a little obvious to people but i had a few TG related questions.

1) what in a cd game is a spine card is that what says the game name on the side of the case?  Like on an ebay auction for dracula x if it says no spine card what am i missing?

2)  Is populous a US Duo Game?  The case i saw seemed to be in english so i was curious

3)  Under US at pcecp.com is that every US TG16/Duo game that has been releases?  So roughly 250 in total and around 50 CD games made the US market?

Thanks in advance
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

rolins

Re: A Few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 06:32:41 PM »
Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"
sorry if these seem a little obvious to people but i had a few TG related questions.

1) what in a cd game is a spine card is that what says the game name on the side of the case?  Like on an ebay auction for dracula x if it says no spine card what am i missing?

It's a folded piece of card board that is wrapped around the spine of the cd jewel case. Many of them were thrown away by their previous owners because it doesn't have any real use. But collecters insist they are included because their just anal that it has to be complete.

ParanoiaDragon

A Few questions
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »
Populous is not a US game, but, it's probably very playable with no knowledge of english.......I used to have it, but I can't remember for sure.  I do remember, that there is a special Bomberman world in it, so, that's pretty cool in itself.  As for US releases, I'm pretty sure there weren't 250 releases total, & it seems like there were more then 50 cd games, I mean, in the latter days, it was mostly cd games.

PC Gaijin

Re: A Few questions
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:34:28 PM »
Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"

3)  Under US at pcecp.com is that every US TG16/Duo game that has been releases?  So roughly 250 in total and around 50 CD games made the US market?

I'm not sure how you came up with 250 US releases. PCECP has 145 entries for US games (they might be missing a few, they're missing some Japanese games, but I'm not looking through all the US releases to see what they're missing). Some of those aren't "real" releases, like the System Cards, the Hawaii Girls CDs, Lords of Thunder demo, etc. Plus there are some homebrews like Meteor Blaster. There were less than 50 CDs, I don't remember the exact number, but it was in the forties.