Author Topic: Diggers begin quest to unearth Atari's E.T. games and...succeed... UPDATED!  (Read 1559 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Diggers begin quest to unearth Atari's E.T. games and...succeed... UPDATED!
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2014, 03:48:25 AM »
Silly collectards paying big monies for otherwise worthless games just because they were once thrown away.  [-(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

munchiaz

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 04:30:48 AM »
This is the dumbest shit. Like its a known fact that Atari buried a bunch of games in a landfill. The myth was that it was only E.T. carts that were buried. Also i heard there are tons of these that the city has yet to put up yet. So those people who spent over $1k to get one are going to see that later on more copies are going to go up for less money.

technozombie

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:52 AM »
This is the dumbest shit. Like its a known fact that Atari buried a bunch of games in a landfill. The myth was that it was only E.T. carts that were buried. Also i heard there are tons of these that the city has yet to put up yet. So those people who spent over $1k to get one are going to see that later on more copies are going to go up for less money.

Pat the Nes Punk did a podcast on this. Apparently their are a bunch more going up on ebay and this was just the first round. Not to mention they could go digup more if the really wanted too. People are losing their shit over video games in general. When will it end.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:12:49 AM by technozombie »

xelement5x

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »

Pat the Nes Punk did a podcast on this. Apparently their are a bunch more going up on ebay and this was just the first round. Not to mention they could go digup more if the really wanted too. People are losing their shit over video games in general. When will it end.

I would love to see a video game themed beanie baby made, just to drive home how ludicrous the bubble around the video game "market" is right now.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

TR0N

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
The dug up Atari E.T carts apparently sold for up to $1500 on eBay.

I guess you could say one mans trash is another mans treasure  :lol:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec