Author Topic: U.S Dragon Slayer boxed/complete?  (Read 367 times)

NeoFreak

U.S Dragon Slayer boxed/complete?
« on: April 25, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
did U.S. Dragon Slayer come in a Jewel case within a cardboard box? How often do these show up with the map and everything? What do they usually go for?

I've been trying to expand my collection with boxed / complete Turbo / CD games, but I've been finding thats its pretty difficult to find Turbo chips complete with the box...anyone else agree?

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

vestcoat

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
I purchased Dragon Slayer brand new in 97and it did not come in a cardboard box.  It was the first game i ordered from Radio Shack.  It doesn't seem to be one of the really expensive SCD games that were released in the US, but it does seem to be fairly popular.  I've never made a mental note of the ebay price these days because i own it, but i would guess between $30-70 dollars for a complete copy.

One thing i would like to bring up is that i've seen some later period turbochips like Nuetopia 2, Air Zonk and Dead Moon being sold with jewel cases.  Does anyone know if there were some copies released this way, instead of just the cardboard box and plastic tray?  I saw one copy of Neutopia 2 awhile back on ebay with a jewel case that included a back panel with text, screenshots and everything. Does anyone know more about this?

GUTS

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:33:10 PM »
It was probably just one that somebody made, I used to make my own jewel cases for those games too back in the late 90s since they didn't come with one.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
Mother Gunner posted a thread sometime back where he made his own case for Air Zonk, it looked great.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

MotherGunner

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »
Yeah I made my own for Soldier Blade actually,  It looks awesome.  I also did one for Chase H.Q.

People do that all the time and sell them like that.

I did post and Estarland link for Dragon Slayer for $50, and Im glad everyone jumped on it cuz they all sold out quick!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)