Author Topic: New City  (Read 430 times)

Medic_wheat

New City
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
So I travek every weekend to San Antonio TX to spend time with my wife.  While here I am always expkoring the area and qhile downtown I found a reteo gane/record/everything store.

And here is where my face melted.

had to do research. Seems to be the pal release the us was called power slave after the game engine used. Have to say the pal cover art and name is better.

why because it is sealed and Michael is dead. 

More sealed games. Sigh. 

I had wanted to pick this up but they were asking $50. Case was also really jacked up

Medic_wheat

Re: New City
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:30:02 PM »

looks interesting.

wish gane sack would do an episode on just the clock tower series. Hint hint. Halloween.

I think this was recomended by gamesack. Or some other show I watch. Maybe metal Jesus.

their PS2 stuff was pretty slim but not that big of an issue for me. Their sega stuff was more my interest.

what's that I see. Seriously you have to dig in this place it is all just stacked and hidden.

me and my recent long box fetish.

my only pick up. It was minty. Complete with music cd and sold for $34 plus tax. Felt like a decent pick up.

They even had a few lose hu cards and a TG-16 system ...but the four or so hu cards they had was your basic games. Keith courage and alike.

The main thing that bothered me was some stuff had a price. But when id take it to the counter they double check current price snd up charge accordingly. They also lower the price were said game I bought whent from $50 to the $34 but still.

jtucci31

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »
That poor PCFX looks so lonely in there. How much did they want for it?

Medic_wheat

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »
I find it odd how once I put down my collecting for Nintendo and started trying other systems out like NEC and Sega I really really enjoy game hunting and the variety of games I now play.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:25:47 PM »
Ouchie prices, need bandage, cold beer, cute girl+nice stems. :3

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:57:51 AM »
That poor FX stuff.  It'll probably never leave the glass case again.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:31:38 AM »
Looks like you had a lot of fun "expkoring the area and qhile downtown"!
They definitely have some cool stuff but looks like a lot of it sunfaded- usually a sign that this stuff has spent a lot of time out outdoor flea markets
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Medic_wheat

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 03:39:50 AM »
That poor FX stuff.  It'll probably never leave the glass case again.

Most defently.  I didn't bother to ask the price on it.

Pretty much anything that is behind glass at resell shops I ignore. I smean honestly. When was the last time most any person bought something that was behind a glass display in most stores that wasn't jewelry for a women? 

edit:

I really should read up on the FX...I am still very ignorante on it and what it has to offer.......but luckly I am on the right forum to learn me some FX stuff.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:26:13 AM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:12 AM »
Looks like you had a lot of fun "expkoring the area and qhile downtown"!
They definitely have some cool stuff but looks like a lot of it sunfaded- usually a sign that this stuff has spent a lot of time out outdoor flea markets

I really did.  I find it fun just drivign around and looking to see what a new city has to offer.  Granted I looked this store up on my phone, and had wanted to check it out two week ends ago.  So I didn't just happen to find it......

Origianlly I had planed to go to Alamo City Comic Con, but I just lost engery to go.  I like to go on the last day mostly because you tend to get decent deals because people just don't want to repack and lug it all back (more so from non comic stores).  If it is a comic store they don't mind sitting on their stock for years and years.  But for your other vendors who only use cons and local word of mouth to sell their stuff you can get much better deals. 

So since I just didn't have the energy to go to a Con, my wife and I just made it a day out on the town....bought a microwave because we needed one, did the laundry, and just trying to find any excuse not to be in the apartment.  (which is bad because I really need to finsih unpack that apartment) .....

Medic_wheat

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 04:24:32 AM »

Yeah they really need to try and be more competitve then what I can already find on ebay.

Other wise what would the pont be for me to go to a  brick and motor locaiton to pay the same prices (and in this case about 10-50 dollars more then what I could find on ebay.  Many times with free shipping or the shipping equaled to the local price.

But what do I know, I am not the one trying to make a living off a retro game store, maybe I just don't get buisness, over head yadda yadda.

Although if it was ME....

I would imagine havine a stock of more smalls ($5-30) dollar games would be more profitable then a stack of over priced games to make up that same diffrence. 

But it is nice to go into a retro store and SEE sega stuff.  Sure they have their Nintendo stuff, but their Sega CD, Saturn, and Genesis stuff is a fun selection.  It's not just a bunch of sports titles, with maybe one or two interesting games.  Much of these with cases ..all varrying in condition, but for the most part in decent condition.

Except for that Sega CD Hook game...so so crushed....but I still sorta want to pick it up.

bob

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:51:36 PM »

Yeah they really need...

LOL, What would you do with a girl if ever saw one?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

Yeah they really need...

I'd use protection so she wouldn't get preggers and shoot out little Hell spawn like some people, galam.

Also, still hate you.

Cheers! 

*Also, also, quoting and responding to someone who "Doesn't exist." proves their existence, yeah?

galam = liar.

He loves me, we're gettin' hitched.

Tell the world.

Yeh.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:31:19 PM by HailingTheThings »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »

How cute, Galam and Hailing flirting.  Lover and a Fighter indeed.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 03:42:41 AM »
Any chance you can share the name of this store?

Medic_wheat

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »
Any chance you can share the name of this store?

Sure thing

Propaganda Palace, San Antonio, TX