Author Topic: Arcade Marquees and Flyers  (Read 463 times)

Ninja Spirit

Arcade Marquees and Flyers
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »
Anyone have their rooms decorated with these?

I have

>Warriors of Fate (Capcom)
>Final Fight (Capcom)
>World Heroes 2 (SNK)
>Gravitar (Atari)

Just 10 minutes ago I accidently snapped my Final Fight marquee in half, but no biggie really cuz I can frame it up.

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:40:11 PM »
I don't have any, but I would love to get some.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:43:52 PM »
Best way to get them, if you're lucky to set foot in an arcade that's lived through every era in video games, it's a gold mine of marquees. The manager might give some away just to free up space.

Medelus

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:29:10 PM »
I bought a decent-sized lot of them on eBay once for about $25. I have:

Golden Axe
Commando
Rygar
Darkstalkers
Ghosts n' Goblins
Double Dragon II

sunteam_paul

Re: Arcade Marquees and Flyers
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 06:52:53 AM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"

I have

>Final Fight (Capcom)
>World Heroes 2 (SNK)
>Gravitar (Atari)

Just 10 minutes ago I accidently snapped my Final Fight marquee in half, but no biggie really cuz I can frame it up.

Photos please!
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 07:27:02 AM »
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"

I have

>Final Fight (Capcom)
>World Heroes 2 (SNK)
>Gravitar (Atari)

Photos please!

They're in the shop getting framed as we speak.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »
I only have one placed on my wall,my favorite one of all time!!!!

! ! !      TIME KILLERS        ! ! !

rolins

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:40:39 AM »
I used to have a poster of Zanac on the wall of my bedroom. I had to take it down years ago when it got tattered and torn. I want to buy another one, but for a poster thats 18 years old I don't think they still exists today.

TR0N

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"

I have

>Final Fight (Capcom)
>World Heroes 2 (SNK)
>Gravitar (Atari)

Photos please!

Btw http://www.arcadeflyers.net has pictures of them all  8)

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
I have a strip of marquees along two of the walls of my arcade room, a 5 foot wide Capcom service centre plastic banner across one of the other walls and a the sketch art SSFIIX poster on the inside door.

I designed the marquee and desktop wallpaper of my MAME cabinet with Capcom flyers as the background. The bezel is patterned with mini flyers and a large shiny Capcom sticker along the top.

I still have a stack of marquees that I don't have much use for sitting behind the cabinets.

I'm pretty sure that I have a spare Final Fight marquee(other than the one on the FF cabinet) that I never put up on the wall with the others. I think that I'm going to go put it up right now.  :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »
Best way to get them, if you're lucky to set foot in an arcade that's lived through every era in video games, it's a gold mine of marquees. The manager might give some away just to free up space.

I once got dozens of marquees, sideart, pcb's, parts, etc... from a friend of my girlfriend's brother-in-law who was once an operator.

I later regretted turning down 2 cabinets, but I did grab his Bubble Bobble cabinet, which looks very cool even though it needs to be fully refurbished to function(I'm saving it for my next MAME cabinet).

Thats where I got the giant Capcom banner and a pile of Capcom stickers.

EDIT:

Alright, here's some crappy pics-

I had forgotten about Magic Sword and Commando, I should get them up soon too. My arcade room is becoming a storage room pretty quick as I transform my Masters Of The Universe room into a general gaming room.

I hate to admit it, but I don't play my real arcades very much since making my Mame cabinet(which sits in our living room near the Black Tiger cocktail coffee table).  :(
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 10:14:33 AM »
I have tons of old-skool arcade marquees (mostly early- to mid- 80's). The few later-era marquees I have are for games like Punkshot and Double Dragon II (and III?). I know, they are old too, but they are the most "recent" titles I have.

I made a lightbox (it held one "standard-size" marquee at a time) only to realize that I should have designed it to hold TWO marquees (on opposite sides). Unfortuntately, there was really no place in my home to put the lightbox, so I sold it on ebay.

Next time I build a light box, I'm gonna use flourescent bulbs. One reason I sold my old lightbox is because I used incandescent bulbs and even with low-wattage bulbs and ventilation holes, it just got TOO DAMN HOT.

I don't have many paper/cardboard inlays (I forget what you call them) that surround the monitor and are under the glass. I have Section Z... and maybe 1-2 others. I sold a bunch of them because they are sooooo fragile and I didn't have a good method for storing them. I wish I took the time to store them properly, but I was too lazy (all I need were some big pieces of cardboard to sandwhich them between).

I would love to make an illuminated wall of marquees, but I fear that it would look ugly. Plus, it would be pretty tough to design something that was slim, looked nice, and accomodated all the different-sized marquees. Simple rows / columns would be boring... I'd want to create a pattern... like masons do with walls and floor tiles...

Of course, that might look ugly as well...
  |    |