Author Topic: Supergrafx RGB mod help (no green) - Fixed - Some captures  (Read 266 times)

Glossectomy

Supergrafx RGB mod help (no green) - Fixed - Some captures
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »
Alright, do after getting my supergrafx working thanks to this board, I figured I would ask about my current problem. I'm trying to RGB mod this (have done plenty of rgb mods with no issues.) But I'm just having so many issues its driving me crazy. Long story short, I ordered an rgb amp from a guy on this board(sorry I don't recall your sn.) Amp arrived, installed perfectly fine. Closed it back up and it worked for a few minutes and then the green stopped displaying. Its not the amp because I was having the same issue with my own amp(thus why I ordered one).

I swapped the 5pin with an 8pin din, and I'm using a doujon dance cable. Cable works perfect with my duo r.

No green is displaying for whatever reason. I've tapped from both the expansion port as well as the huc6260. Same issue from both. I get continuity from pin 47 to the green pin in my scart cable when hooked up so I know the path isn't being obstructed.

I get the correct colors when I use the composite cable though. I really don't know what else to try. I don't see anything that would be grounding the signal at all. And like I said, it worked for a few moments before it just dropped out.

Any suggestions on what to check for?

Thanks a bunch
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:41:24 PM by Glossectomy »

Glossectomy

Re: Supergrafx RGB mod help (no green)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
Alright, got it working finally!

The leg on the 8 pin din was just a hair too long and had rubbed just enough of the mask on the board off so that it was grounding out on the copper below it. Snipped the legs up slightly higher than its working perfectly now.

Now that its 100% finished I'm going to post up a pic and a capture of it running in just a moment. Very happy I can finally put it back together and really enjoy it.

These are running RGB into my XRGB mini outputting at 1080p and being captured via an El Gato HD.

And here's just a quick video of the first stage of Aldynes. It's being captured the same as the pictures above

Also just wanted to mention pnauts was the guy I purchased the RGB amp from. It came super quick and works great. Definitely recommended.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:11:14 PM by Glossectomy »

NightWolve

Re: Supergrafx RGB mod help (no green) - Fixed - Some captures
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:30:22 AM »

Gotta say, SuperGrafx still has the best console design I have ever seen. Look at that sleek, sexy beast right there! ;) It's terrible and embarrassing though how NEC aborted it like that after 5 games, etc.

esteban

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
I am so stupid for trading my SGX years ago. Now all I do is wish I had it.
  |    | 

turbokon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »
I never messed with rgb mods since most hdtv here don't take rgb and the ones that do take them via VGA.  However I have done tons of component video mods. I may try a rgb mod when I get a xrgb mini someday.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

fraggore

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
i have a question the El Gato works fine with the framemeister then ?. was wondering as i am thinking of getting one.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Glossectomy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
i have a question the El Gato works fine with the framemeister then ?. was wondering as i am thinking of getting one.

Works great. If you look through my other videos its all real hardware captured via rgb(svideo on the 2600) into the framemeister into the el gato. The only downside is that it captures scanlines wrong. You can look at my metal slug video to see that. Works great in my opinion.

fraggore

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »
will look into to getting one i think.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"