Author Topic: Wii: $4-$8 for downloaded games  (Read 247 times)

esteban

Wii: $4-$8 for downloaded games
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:00:08 AM »
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/wii-ship-date-coming-this-sept-178969.php

I think this is referring to Nintendo's own back catalog. I don't know if Hudson or Sega will follow this pricing scheme, but they probably will (especially in the beginning).

I think there should be free downloads for folks who purchase new Wii titles -- you know, like you get a "voucher" for 1-3 free downloads (I'd say we should be entitled to more than just1-3, but we're talking about greedy profiteers here).

Also, I think there should be "bundles" of dowloadable games at a greatly reduced price.

While I am totally liking the Wii, I have to say that I have no desire to spend money on games I already own. I might download a game or two, just to see how the emulation is on the Wii, but that's about it.
  |    | 

akamichi

Re: Wii: $4-$8 for downloaded games
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:17:50 PM »
I briefly scanned the Famitsu article that was linked from kotaku and it doesn't actually say $4-$8 per download.   I thought the article was saying that new games released for use with the virtual console would cost that much.  Now, that doesn't mean that the old school retro titles will be a different price, but IMO, the article didn't seem particular clear on that point.

Anyway, still looking forward to the Wii.  I probably won't buy too many PCEngine games, but it'll be nice to (hopefully) browse through the catalogs of all the systems just see what's out there. :)

FM-77

Wii: $4-$8 for downloaded games
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 01:21:46 AM »
Why didn't you post this in the General Console Chat board?  :wink: