Author Topic: Menahem Golan (of Golan-Globus), dead at 85  (Read 190 times)

MrFulci

Menahem Golan (of Golan-Globus), dead at 85
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:58:26 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/menahem-golan-producer-1980s-action-724260

I'm sure some here are familiar with Golan-Globus films and Cannon.

If the above doesn't ring a bell, I am sure some of you also saw The Masters of the Universe movie when you were younger!

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NightWolve

Re: Menahem Golan (of Golan-Globus), dead at 85
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
Ah, one of the guys of Golan-Globus/Cannon. Yeah, whenever I would see that production company name in the credits, I was typically interested in the movie. They produced movies like JCVD's "Cyborg," co-produced "Bloodsport," and "Kickboxer," that weird SciFi one Lifeforce, they also gave us "Breakin'" (heh!) and the "Electric Boogaloo" sequel, but yeah, they have a lot of real stinkers in their history like "Superman IV" and other crappy martial arts B-type stuff.

MrFulci

Re: Menahem Golan (of Golan-Globus), dead at 85
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I watched a Golan-Globus movie, a recent viewing of The Last American Virgin, I picked up the DVD for $1. When watching the opening credits, I saw Golan-Globus, I didn't realize/forgot it was one of their films. A good movie, great ending. Never saw the original (lemon Popsicle), though.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

Menahem Golan (of Golan-Globus), dead at 85
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:29:14 AM »
About 2 weeks ago I watched a Golan-Globus movie, a recent viewing of The Last American Virgin, I picked up the DVD for $1. When watching the opening credits, I saw Golan-Globus, I didn't realize/forgot it was one of their films. A good movie, great ending. Never saw the original (lemon Popsicle), though.

Excellent ending.

I never saw the original (Israeli?) film, but my friend and I went to a screening of LAV in L.A. years ago. I can't recall who, exactly, but some folks from the film were there ... but they were just in the audience, they weren't there for anything else. Egyptian theatre? Early 2000's.

Anyway, an old friend made an "unofficial" LAV soundtrack for me because he is awesome.

BACK TO BIGGER TOPIC: so many entertaining films from Golan-Globus. Tons of 'em.
  |    |