Author Topic: modding for dummies  (Read 349 times)

Medic_wheat

modding for dummies
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
So I have my original Doom N64 game from way back when I first bought it new......it along with Golden Eye and the two Zelda games are the only games I kept from when I originally owned the system.....oddly I stumbled on them....

I recently picked up a second copy of Doom a few weeks ago and I have been playing with this idea for some time....

I plan to find a cheap red cartridge N64 game like dirt cheap. Around a buck if possible and swap out the games. I always felt Doom should have been in a red cartridge like its SNES game. 

My question is what is a good way to take off the original label without damaging it to regale it on the diner red cart?  I suspect a hair dryer to heat up the glue maybe?

In any case I thought I'd ask here is anyone had an idea.....or a red N64 cartridge if you don't want and or need one ..

Option ab will be to print out a new sticker liable but I'd like to use the original sticker if possible.

elderbroom

Re: modding for dummies
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
Just goto the Cover Project and print yourself out a new label for it.  Obviously with switching cases you aren't trying to preserve value of an original

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=4986
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:27:57 PM »
Medicinal_Wheat, I stopped reading at N64, but i wish you luck!!! :D

No read my poor sentence structure and auto corrected words .... 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »
Just goto the Cover Project and print yourself out a new label for it.  Obviously with switching cases you aren't trying to preserve value of an original

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=4986

That was or is plan B .....

Maybe I'll see if there are any custom game labels that might jazz it up even more..

Then I'll put it on eBay as a uber rare promo game newly discovered.  With a holographic lake like the Zelda games.     Then I'll delet this thread and deny all alight ions that I modded the game....

I think I just channeled a tommy for a moment.  I felt sick..or hung over.  Maybe both.

elderbroom

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Someone needs to develop a "Don't be a Tommy !" image for in our signatures   :D
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

johnnymad

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »
Just print out a label or maybe even look for a replacement label on eBay. N64 labels were the worst quality of all the Nintendo cartridge based games. Don't think you could remove it and reuse it on another cartridge. And have you thought about taping over the label and spray painting the original cartridge?

Medic_wheat

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
Just print out a label or maybe even look for a replacement label on eBay. N64 labels were the worst quality of all the Nintendo cartridge based games. Don't think you could remove it and reuse it on another cartridge. And have you thought about taping over the label and spray painting the original cartridge?

I have thought of spray painting the case.  But just using a red molded cartrife just seemed like less hassle lol

HailingTheThings

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
Someone needs to develop a "Don't be a Tommy !" image for in our signatures   :D

What would a disgusting heap a shit like "Tommy" even look like? Oh...wait.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »

A cross between the all mighty poo from conkers bad fur day and pizza face from space balls perhaps.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »

A cross between the all mighty poo from conkers bad fur day and pizza face from space balls perhaps.

That'd be too good for the likes of him. I'm thinking a realistic hunk of shit with "Snooki" hair and crossed, jiggly eyes. Felt smile, optional. :3

xelement5x

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »
You could try and use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up the adhesive on the original label to lift it. 

Note: You can also seriously f*ck plastic shit up with a heat gun if you are not careful.

I would just reprint a new label or buy one online somewhere.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »
You could try and use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up the adhesive on the original label to lift it. 

Note: You can also seriously f*ck plastic shit up with a heat gun if you are not careful.

I would just reprint a new label or buy one online somewhere.

Then using a new lab,e will be the answer thanks.