Author Topic: am i insane for this?  (Read 318 times)

deathgyunos

am i insane for this?
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:25:38 AM »
i'm waiting for a new RF switch to get here so i can play my turbografx again after like 3 years. soon as i get it i'm gonna invite my youngest nephews over to play it. they're 7 and 10. anyone think i should reconsider and just go with the initial super nintendo plan?

PC Gaijin

am i insane for this?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »
As long as you have a Turbo Tap, a few control pads, and some multiplayer games I say go for it. I play Turbo games with my nephews when they come over. I recommended a few multiplayer Turbochip games in the other thread:

Dungeon Explorer
Parasol Stars
Bomberman or Bomberman '93
Cadash
Motoroader
Aeroblasters
Ordyne

There's a few others, like Military Madness, but those might be a bit much for young kids. And of course, if you don't mind switching back and forth there are lots more games that support two or more players, just not simultaneously. Oh yeah, and sports games too.

Keranu

am i insane for this?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »
Battle Royale! That game is a blast!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

deathgyunos

am i insane for this?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
even if i could find a turbotap somewhere i just spent $200 on games and parts to get my turbografx, super nintendo and genesis working again so i'm flat broke. they won't care though. i've got it put in a big rubbermaid container and i've only let them see it once each so they're all excited. i do wanna get a turbotap someday, but turbo zone direct is out and it may be like $50 on ebay. i've always found it a little odd that the turbografx is one player by design.

TR0N

am i insane for this?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 05:57:29 PM »
Btw if i were you i'd a get a "turbo booster or a turbo cd" so you can have AV.

RF isn't great when it comes to picture quality.

Or send it to, D-lite and have av jacks added to it  :wink:

Also, Hit the Ice is fun with 4ps  8)

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

am i insane for this?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 04:33:58 AM »
You guys definitely need to have a Dungeon Explorer 4 player game going.  The multiplayer aspect of that game is fun! Just try to gang up on Bullbeast!  :lol:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

deathgyunos

am i insane for this?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:53:34 AM »
my sister's kinda picky about the games she'll let them play so i gotta kinda be careful. besides currently the only multiplayer game i have is world class baseball. my brother never sprung for a turbotap or anything so i only have what he has.

esteban

am i insane for this?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:14 AM »
Quote from: "deathgyunos"
my sister's kinda picky about the games she'll let them play so i gotta kinda be careful. besides currently the only multiplayer game i have is world class baseball. my brother never sprung for a turbotap or anything so i only have what he has.
Luckily, Parasol Stars and Bomberman(s) are totally mom-friendly since they're cut. Plus, they're both fun as heck, so I think they will be a hit with the kids.

I strongly recommend Dungeon Explorer and Cadash, if mom approves, since they are a blast to play (especially DE).

Motoroader if fun, but I fear It might get frustrating if the kids aren't savvy drivers. I really enjoyed multi-player games, though, especially because you can upgrade your car.

Aeroblasters is a tough game, but it rules. But it is tough for little ones. IIRC, when you play co-op, you can bump each other and create a special weapon.
  |    | 

Keranu

am i insane for this?
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »
If you ever get Motoroader, be sure to purchase the best/last control scheme immediately in the game; it just makes playing it a heckuva lot easier!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).