Author Topic: Any knife collectors?  (Read 187 times)

Dicer

Any knife collectors?
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »
I got these today I know the smaller of the two is WW2 German The larger I am having issue finding an exact match for. Trying to figure out value so I can either sell or keep.

If anyone is an armature or expert in this area help is appreciated

Flare65

Re: Any knife collectors?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »
Those are bayonets off of some WWII era rifles.  The one on the left looks like it came off a German Mauser (sp?).  Not sure about the one on the right.  My grandfather brought back a couple from the war that look just like it.  Not sure of the value, but I'm sure someone out there needs it to complete their Mauser. 

Dicer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:14 PM »
Those are bayonets off of some WWII era rifles.  The one on the left looks like it came off a German Mauser (sp?).  Not sure about the one on the right.  My grandfather brought back a couple from the war that look just like it.  Not sure of the value, but I'm sure someone out there needs it to complete their Mauser.

Yep, both are German WWII for sure, just trying to find out more. Sadly the shorter of the 2 the sheath serial doesn't match, I'd imagine that hinders the worth somehow.

They are in really good shape considering the age.

Dicer

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »
Turns out the longer of the 2 is actually WWI and not WW2

Now to figure out values and part with one, or both really would like to keep one but times are what they are.

Dicer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
The one on the farthest right appears to be a keyboard.  Most likely of Saitek manufacture.

right you are, love this damned keyboard, really needs a cleaning though