Author Topic: Raffle: Far East of Eden, Ziria  (Read 1054 times)

seieienbu

Re: Raffle: Far East of Eden, Ziria
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
'grats nightwolve.  I'd rather somebody won it who had a vague interest in translating it perhaps maybe someday anyway :lol:
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:26 AM »
Congrats!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »

Congrats! 1 more to go!

Interestingly, I just a read a random review that Kabuki Den has some of the best music that the PC Engine has to offer (the guy thought better than Ys ??), so I'll have to check that out, see if there's something worth adding to my MP3 Jukebox player.

Kabuki Den does have a sweet soundtrack. I especially like the ending theme.

Also, the overworld theme in Manjimaru was composed by Joe Hisaishi, who also composed many of the Studio Ghibli films. Just goes to show how huge of a project these games were at the time.

Here it is:

I brought this back from the dead because SuperPlay recently picked up the soundtrack and I was wondering if there were any surprises on it. 

|    | 

Dicer

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »
Gratz....I never even saw the damned raffle. oh well lol

NightWolve

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
I bought the 2nd one in the Ziria series from big Al, so I have all 3 now (won the 1st one from here, and the 3rd spin-off from Bernie).

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

Congrats! 1 more to go!

Interestingly, I just a read a random review that Kabuki Den has some of the best music that the PC Engine has to offer (the guy thought better than Ys ??), so I'll have to check that out, see if there's something worth adding to my MP3 Jukebox player.

Also, the overworld theme in Manjimaru was composed by Joe Hisaishi, who also composed many of the Studio Ghibli films. Just goes to show how huge of a project these games were at the time.

Here it is:

I brought this back from the dead because SuperPlay recently picked up the soundtrack and I was wondering if there were any surprises on it. 

I have the original Manjimaru soundtrack as well as the remake soundtrack. What kind of surprises were you hoping for?

The original comes with a calender and has chip tunes (some of which sound different to me, I haven't compared them to real hardware yet).

The remake has the same tracks in the same order, only on two discs. The chip tune tracks have been replaced by their remakes. There are three extra tracks, the last of which is a "Jingle Collection".

One surprising thing is that the original soundtrack was published by NEC Ave.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:01:00 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

Raffle: Far East of Eden, Ziria
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »

Congrats! 1 more to go!

Here it is:

I have the original Manjimaru soundtrack as well as the remake soundtrack. What kind of surprises were you hoping for?

The original comes with a calender and has chip tunes (some of which sound different to me, I haven't compared them to real hardware yet).

The remake has the same tracks in the same order, only on two discs. The chip tune tracks have been replaced by their remakes. There are three extra tracks, the last of which is a "Jingle Collection".

Thanks 

Ha! That is sort of what I was expecting. The chiptunes are included, kool.

NEC AVE: you can help me with this, but my current theory is that they were the "media publishing" arm of NEC, since they produced/published at least one LaserDisc (Download) and some video game soundtracks (I think they released Dragon Knight II&III SOUNDTRACKS? And possibly a Monster Maker soundtrack? I gotta double-check that).

Anyway, I might be totally wrong...

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:20:25 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »

Congrats! 1 more to go!

Here it is:

Thanks 

NEC AVE: you can help me with this, but my current theory is that they were the "media publishing" arm of NEC, since they produced/published at least one LaserDisc (Download) and some video game soundtracks (I think they released Dragon Knight II&III SOUNDTRACKS? And possibly a Monster Maker soundtrack? I gotta double-check that).

I have the Super Darius Laserdisc which they also published. I like the idea of NEC Ave developing two amazing upgraded ports of Darius, then having an employee play through Super Darius every which way and put out the Super Play LD themselves. :)

esteban

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »

Congrats! 1 more to go!

Here it is:

Thanks 

I have the Super Darius Laserdisc which they also published. I like the idea of NEC Ave developing two amazing upgraded ports of Darius, then having an employee play through Super Darius every which way and put out the Super Play LD themselves. :)

All right, now we have to compile a list of all non-Game NEC AVE releases!
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 05:46:56 AM »

esteban

Raffle: Far East of Eden, Ziria
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
All right, now we have to compile a list of all non-Game NEC AVE releases!

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17558.new#new

Goddamn, that is an awesome amount of info. I was familiar with only a fraction of those items.

|    |