Author Topic: hello.  (Read 666 times)

esteban

hello.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »
First, welcome deathyunos.

Second, everybody is telling you what you should do, and they mean the best (really, they do), but here's my advice:

You'll be happy grabbing the cheap U.S. HuCards for now. You already have the system, so it makes sense. Plus, you appreciate the HuCard games (some folks are biased towards the CD games, which I think is a shame). There are many cheap U.S. games you can buy while you save up your $$$.

Later, you can decide if you want to pick up Japanese CD system.

You see, if you have TG-16 + Japanese CD system (there are many options), you'll be able to play nearly ALL games!

I know you said you are not interested in imports, but there are tons of games with little or no language barrier.  And, if you're mainly interested in RPG's, as I seem to recall you saying, then maybe you'll be curious about some of the fan-translated RPG's... and the extensive walk-thrus some RPG's have.
  |    | 

Keranu

hello.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 06:07:33 PM »
Shame on people who say such harsh things about HuCards. If you are a true old skool gamer, you'll appreciate HuCards just as much, if not more, than CD games. The way I look at it is that HuCard games are designed more for replay and fun, while CD games focus more on epics. :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

hello.
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 06:26:33 PM »
PCE>Saturn

Realy you will be missing out if you don't invest in imports.

That's where the system realy shines in... terms of it's qaulity of it's library in games.

Sure the selection in the, TG16 isn't bad but 'afther you get what you want... you will be wanting more and the, PCE selection realy fills that void.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

hello.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 06:32:37 PM »
Ahh, the joys of discovering the different formats of the Turbo :) . I had a really fun time myself discovering the platform.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).