Author Topic: Is anyone free to do an RGB mod?  (Read 385 times)

SamIAm

Is anyone free to do an RGB mod?
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
I've sent a PM or two and looked around for a while, but it seems like most people are backlogged.

I have a DUO-RX that I would like to have RGB modded, hopefully to be compatible with this converter. I know it seems silly not to go straight to component, but in my case, it jives with my setup a whole lot better this way.

Though I'm not exactly made of money, I would like whoever does this to feel like they were paid well. If you want, I actually have a second DUO-RX and a Supergrafx which you could do in a batch deal. That's just if you want, though; one system only would be fine.

Plus, I have a dead DUO you could just keep as part of the trade. Give it a few new caps, and it will probably work again. The Hucard side works fine.

Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:35:27 AM by SamIAm »

schweaty

Re: Is anyone free to do an RGB mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
your link doesnt go anywhere (using chrome)

SamIAm

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:36:06 AM »
That's funny. It didn't work for me, and then it did. Maybe their site was down?

schweaty

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 02:20:30 AM »
working for me too... yup, site must've been down.  you're going to have to explain how not going straight to component doesnt work for you.  unless you plan on running multiple SCART connections into this adapter (only thing i can think of)

btw - there are much cheaper versions of this out there

bbtw - are you in the UK?

SamIAm

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:29:34 AM »
It's pretty simple, really. I've had this converter for 10 years now, and I have scart cables for most of my other consoles which all sit around this thing. Switching to a different console is as easy as changing the plug that goes into this converter (scart switchboxes tend to suck). After that, it's a long story, because I literally have five switchboxes that are involved in keeping my other consoles and other stuff hooked up to two TVs (tate for shooters). Anyway, you'll just have to trust me that having another component-based connection would be a pain the the butt.

Is it easier to do a component mod at this point? I mean, it wouldn't be impossible to go with component. I know about the component boards available at this point, but since I need someone else to do the hand-work, I might as well ask for an RGB mod from a skilled, experienced modder.

I'm actually in Japan. Yes, I know shipping will be a little crazy. I'll still cover it.

kale_criss

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
Very tempted.... But i'm pretty unknown here.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:39 AM »
wow there has to be people in japan who do this. shipping back and forth to the US will be so expensive. maybe superdeadite knows someone?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SamIAm

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
Very tempted.... But i'm pretty unknown here.

Well, if you could introduce me to a reference on another forum (or wherever) I would be interested!

wow there has to be people in japan who do this. shipping back and forth to the US will be so expensive. maybe superdeadite knows someone?

Good suggestion. I guess I'll ask him.

It's one thing if I can find some kind of shop that offers this service, but it's another to send my stuff to some random Japanese dude. Regardless of the extra price, I would feel much better sending to a reputable community member here.

Plus, if it's OK to send only the console - leaving out the AC adapter/controller - that actually keeps the weight down considerably. I think the console itself is less than 2 kg, and if I pack it smartly, it shouldn't be that expensive. Two or three consoles would start to get pretty expensive, but for a good modder I would still pay that price.

kale_criss

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
Most of my work I have sold on Ebay. Don't really have any references on any boards. Have 100% on evilbay. Mainly do A/V mods on Famicoms and LCD mods on Nomads also have done Recaps of Duo's as well as laser replacements. I have refurbished pce and TG16 Cd units. I'm highschool friends with owner of Console5.com, but I am a lurker on most boards. I have bought gears from Keith Courage and component boards from turbokon (who I met at Midwest)

cjameslv

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »
PM sent.

schweaty

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:01 AM »
It's pretty simple, really. I've had this converter for 10 years now, and I have scart cables for most of my other consoles which all sit around this thing. Switching to a different console is as easy as changing the plug that goes into this converter (scart switchboxes tend to suck). After that, it's a long story, because I literally have five switchboxes that are involved in keeping my other consoles and other stuff hooked up to two TVs (tate for shooters). Anyway, you'll just have to trust me that having another component-based connection would be a pain the the butt.

Is it easier to do a component mod at this point? I mean, it wouldn't be impossible to go with component. I know about the component boards available at this point, but since I need someone else to do the hand-work, I might as well ask for an RGB mod from a skilled, experienced modder.

I'm actually in Japan. Yes, I know shipping will be a little crazy. I'll still cover it.

Are you using JP or Euro SCART?  Make sure you pass this along to whoever does this mod for you.  A cable will have to be made for this mod.  While they look the same, they actually are not.