Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 834 times)

Ninja Spirit

Car thread
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 04:51:59 PM »
Quote from: "soundwave"
This here is my beast...

'02 plate Clio Sport
170bhp
0-60 7.1secs
138mph

Does me fine...well it does until I can get my Integra Type R next year :D

Neil

LOL I forgot UK/England/British cars have the driver's side on the right.

The only cars that are like that here in the USA are ones that deliver the mail.

Bonknuts

Car thread
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
The only cars that are like that here in the USA are ones that deliver the mail.

I've seen a few euro imports here in the states over the past few years. It's still weird for me when I see them driving around though :lol:  Same thing too when I see cars scenes in a British movie - and no I don't mean an American made movie with all British actors :P I wonder if it's it the same when people in the UK/EU watch American flicks?

esteban

Car thread
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »
Quote from: "Bonknuts"

I've seen a few euro imports here in the states over the past few years. It's still weird for me when I see them driving around though :lol:  Same thing too when I see cars scenes in a British movie - and no I don't mean an American made movie with all British actors :P I wonder if it's it the same when people in the UK/EU watch American flicks?
My friend, from England, has no problem driving here (in the States). He was really good when he started: he rented a car shortly after arriving and only had 1-2 slight mishaps (minor stuff).

I, however, almost got into a bunch of accidents when I tried to drive in London and the surrounding suburbs (or whatever they're called). I just couldn't adjust that quickly (a few days). Perhaps if I had more time it would have been different, but I felt like a total dolt. My apologies to the dolts.
  |    | 

bt

Car thread
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 01:25:46 AM »
I needed to drink heavily after driving around south of Manchester for a few days (Stone, to be precise -- that is the city I was in, not the condition I was in, by the way).

I drive a 2000 VW Jetta VR6 (dark blue).  Pretty easy to spot in central North Carolina as it sports a vanity plate that reads MINDREC (someone had already beaten me to the BT one).

-bt

NEC Avenue

Car thread
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 06:05:04 AM »
I drive this exact car except my car has the Mazda logo still intact on the front nose area. It's a 96 Mazda Miata. My next car will likely be an RX-8 or RX-9. :twisted:

Copy and paste this link into a new browser window to see pic of car.

http://uploader.ws/upload/200605/DSC01035.jpg

TJ

Car thread
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 02:23:45 PM »
2000 Chevy Blazer LT, black, charcoal leather interior, with Pac-Man fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror so I can REPRESENT! :P

And unlike the majority of SUV-driving America, I bought it because I can actually use an SUV like it was intended: Firstly for hauling arcade games, and secondly because you're a frickin' idiot if you live in Wisconsin without 4-wheel drive in the winter.

Keranu

Car thread
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »
Pac-Man Fuzzy dice, sounds nice :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

grendelrt

Car thread
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 04:02:57 AM »
I have a 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo. Its my baby, have owned it for about 7 years now. Just bought some new wheels this week, but cant afford to get tires yet  :lol:

GohanX

Car thread
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 08:20:42 PM »
Quote from: "NEC Avenue"
I drive this exact car except my car has the Mazda logo still intact on the front nose area. It's a 96 Mazda Miata. My next car will likely be an RX-8 or RX-9. :twisted:

Copy and paste this link into a new browser window to see pic of car.

http://uploader.ws/upload/200605/DSC01035.jpg

Awesome.  I drive a 96 Montego Blue Miata myself.  Believe it or not, it's my daily driver, my FUN car is...

1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE with intake and exhaust mods, beefed up brakes, Tokico struts with Racing Beat springs, and about 25 more horsepower than it rolled out of the factory with.  

Right now the RX-7 is down, it needs some new tires badly, and I still haven't aligned it after putting the suspension on.  I kinda spent the money that should have gone on the tires buying a Turbo Express and stuff to go with it.  Oops.