Author Topic: DUO-R Slow power on  (Read 276 times)

gj-16

DUO-R Slow power on
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:04:25 AM »
Hi All,
I recently received my first Duo-R after having only a TG-16 for all these years.
The unit has been RGB modded, so I'm going from SCART to a component converter.

What seems to be happening is when I power on the unit, the power switch is a bit tough to slide, It doesn't appear to click on or off like the TG-16.

Once the unit has power, the screen does more of a "fade" to the main screen. Since I've never had a DUO-R I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I have seen some videos on youtube and it appears it should just instantly go to the main screen.

I could try with composite cables and see if that changes things when I get home. I should also mention its a stock PSU, but I haven't checked what it's outputting yet.

Once the system is on though, everything works great.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Keith Courage

Re: DUO-R Slow power on
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:23:20 AM »
normally the picture does not fade when entering the system on or off. I wonder if it has something to do with the amp that's in there for your RGB.

gj-16

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »
Thanks KC, I should say that powering off is just fine, it only happens when powering on the unit.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
Is your RGB mod done with a 8 pin DIN swap where the composite still works?  If so, try a composite cable and see if the problem goes away; it won't fix anything, obviously, but you'll at least know the problem is somewhere in the RGB mod.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gj-16

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:31 AM »
Is your RGB mod done with a 8 pin DIN swap where the composite still works?  If so, try a composite cable and see if the problem goes away; it won't fix anything, obviously, but you'll at least know the problem is somewhere in the RGB mod.

Yes it is actually, it has the din and also L/R/Composite panel mounts. I'll give that a shot tonight, thanks guys, just had no clue how the unit is supposed to respond.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »
That has more to do with the particular RGB amp in your console and not anything wrong with the Duo-R.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

gj-16

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
Well just to report back, it is indeed the RGB amp. I tested with regular composite (which looks amazing considering its composite) and it fires right up.

Thanks guys!