Author Topic: Super CDRom2 with GamedoctorHK AC adapter prob  (Read 188 times)

pixeljunkie

Super CDRom2 with GamedoctorHK AC adapter prob
« on: October 11, 2014, 04:29:06 AM »
I'm using the aftermarket AC adapter in an attempt to be safer on the PCE with my crazy american voltage.

Only problem is, if I am using the aftermarket version i get a pretty bad hum on the speakers that is not present when I use the original AC adapter.

What's going on?

MrFulci

Re: Super CDRom2 with GamedoctorHK AC adapter prob
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »
I use a voltage convertor, on my Duo-R. If you need further info, after searching for a step down voltage convertor, I can dig out my invoice.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

pixeljunkie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:45:07 AM »
yeah, I am familiar with step-down converters. I used to have one years ago. It broke down for no reason after about 6 months use. So, I turned to after-market AC adapters which seem to be a much easier, less cumbersome and affordable solution to the problem.

My problem is the one I am using is EXTREMELY common in terms of what I am using it for. I'm just curious if anyone else has the "humming" prob? Or what is causing it?

MrFulci

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 04:55:57 AM »
I use a box, for my Duo-R. I have no issue. So, no help here. My Duo-R loves my S-video switch box and receiver(s), and HDTV,

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

schweaty

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
mine shit itself recently as well.  im going to try a linear replacement and a switched-mode one and i will report the results

Keith Courage

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
Are you by chance using a generic AV cable? I've noticed that cheap AV cables produce hum when accompanied by a generic AC Adapter. Replace one or the other with a better one and the problem will go away.