Author Topic: Turbo Duo-R or RX - What's a good price?  (Read 717 times)

tribasic

Turbo Duo-R or RX - What's a good price?
« on: October 22, 2014, 03:41:45 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to the forums. I'm going to buy a Turbo Duo-R or RX and wanted to what a fair price is for one of these things.

Would $290.00 US, be considered a good price for a working Turbo DUO-R without box, a few minor scuff marks and pretty much no yellowing of the console?

If I'm correct, the only real difference between the Duo-R and RX is the 6-button joypad, so I'm thinking the Turbo Duo-R would be the one to buy. I notice the RX is quite a bit more expensive... at least this what I've found on Ebay.

Thanks!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbo Duo-R or RX - What's a good price?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:50:30 AM »
Sounds a bit high to me.  Not a screw job, perhaps, but neither a sweet deal.

And you're correct that the only functional difference between Duo R and RX is the controller.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tribasic

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:13:27 AM »
Thanks for the replies!

I have been trying to do my research before buying one, but so far I have only been able to find Ebay prices and one or 2 online retailers. I'm willing to pay what it costs, but I know that you can find a lot of price gouging on Ebay, plus shipping costs on Ebay can really kill the deal.

so I figured I would ask on a PC Engine forum... and this one seems to be the most highly recommended place around :)

Thanks again!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:41 AM »
Recent 'sold' Duo-R history on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40|R40|R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=pc+engine+duo+r&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Also, there are many techs on this board who are actively selling fully serviced PCE CD systems (including DUOs) for much less than you'll find on ebay.  Might be worth checking them out. :D

Also, welcome!
Whois?

tribasic

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »
Recent 'sold' Duo-R history on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40|R40|R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=pc+engine+duo+r&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Also, there are many techs on this board who are actively selling fully serviced PCE CD systems (including DUOs) for much less than you'll find on ebay.  Might be worth checking them out. :D

Also, welcome!
Whois?

Turbokon - http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17882.0
Keith Courage - http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16927.0  <-- $255 Duo-R

Thanks a lot. I'm going to take a look.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 02:48:02 PM »
I would go with the duo r. very reliable system and I would say a fair price would be $200-$250 unboxed and no mods on it but i'm not too sure on that.

best of luck on your search

tribasic

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
I would go with the duo r. very reliable system and I would say a fair price would be $200-$250 unboxed and no mods on it but i'm not too sure on that.

best of luck on your search

Thanks! I hopefully I will find a system soon. But part of the fun is hunting down the system... and games too!

I have one more question. Is Streetfighter 2 the only PC Engine game to use the 6 Button controller, or do other games take advantage of it as well?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:58:13 AM »
I have one more question. Is Streetfighter 2 the only PC Engine game to use the 6 Button controller, or do other games take advantage of it as well?

There are several other games that can use six buttons: clicky ze linky.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tribasic

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 03:46:28 AM »

Thanks for the list!
I should have thought to use the forum search tool before posting my question.

Anyway... I'm surprised there are so many games that use the 6 button controller. That's awesome!
I will definitely need to make sure I get a 6 button controller.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 06:42:55 AM »

Thanks for the list!
I should have thought to use the forum search tool before posting my question.

Anyway... I'm surprised there are so many games that use the 6 button controller. That's awesome!
I will definitely need to make sure I get a 6 button controller.

im pretty sure the fighting games like aof, fatal fury, and world heroes games but check out necros link.

turbokon

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »
I have a duo-rx for sale.  PM me if you're interested.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

tribasic

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 06:24:36 AM »

Hi Turbokon. I'm not sure if you got the PM I sent you on Friday, but I am interested in your duo-rx.

Sorry if I seem impatient. There's no rush.
I'm just not sure if my private messages are being sent because I don't see them in my "sent box" folder and I want to make sure you are receiving them.

Thanks!

cjameslv

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »

Hi Turbokon. I'm not sure if you got the PM I sent you on Friday, but I am interested in your duo-rx.

Sorry if I seem impatient. There's no rush.
I'm just not sure if my private messages are being sent because I don't see them in my "sent box" folder and I want to make sure you are receiving them.

Thanks!

fyi- there is a check box under the text area when composing messages. You need to place a check mark in that box if you want your message to be archived in the sent folder.

Ya took me a min to figure that out as well, i was like wth wheres my sent msgs!

tribasic

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »
fyi- there is a check box under the text area when composing messages. You need to place a check mark in that box if you want your message to be archived in the sent folder.

Thanks a lot!