Author Topic: PC Engine City totally rocks!  (Read 328 times)

bgarske

PC Engine City totally rocks!
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »
I have to send out a ton of kudos to sunteam_paul for all his hard work on both his website and the PC Engine City podcast. His podcast singlehandedly got me back into the turbografx (oops! I mean PC Engine) world after a lengthy absence.

For those of you who haven't heard it, episode 11 is out and it's fantastic!  Yes, I admit I love the 90's J-Pop and would love some more in the near future. (For me to admit that to my family and friends would mean certain ex-communication, but I'll take that risk! ) :oops:

Keep up the good work Paul. You have more listeners than you know.

esteban

Re: PC Engine City totally rocks!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »
Quote from: "bgarske"
I have to send out a ton of kudos to sunteam_paul for all his hard work on both his website and the PC Engine City podcast. His podcast singlehandedly got me back into the turbografx (oops! I mean PC Engine) world after a lengthy absence.

For those of you who haven't heard it, episode 11 is out and it's fantastic!  Yes, I admit I love the 90's J-Pop and would love some more in the near future. (For me to admit that to my family and friends would mean certain ex-communication, but I'll take that risk! ) :oops:

Keep up the good work Paul. You have more listeners than you know.
I'm glad you posted this because I'm surprised more folks don't thank sunteam_paul when he puts out new episodes. I'm sure more than 3-4 folks are listening to it, after all :).

For folks who have listened to episode 11: you have to help me figure out the engrish chorus in Konami's Martial Champion. Check out the Episode 11 thread, I posted the lyrics I could figure out over there.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 04:55:21 PM »
Speaking of sunteam_paul and his website, I found something interesting the other night on a wikipedia article on the Bible:

"The word "bible" is sometimes used to describe a book on a factual subject that is comprehensive and authoritative; some books making such a claim include "Bible" in their title (e.g., "PC Engine Software Bible; guitarists handbook or guitarists bible")."

Did you edit that in, Paul? :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

bgarske

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:34:19 PM »
Where is the episode 11 thread steve?

esteban

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 12:56:12 PM »
Quote from: "bgarske"
Where is the episode 11 thread steve?

Here you go:

PCE City Episode 11

I'll also bump the topic to hopefully re-kindle interest in the Martial Champion song :)
  |    | 

sunteam_paul

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »
Thanks for your kind words guys.
I'm really bad at keeping track of how many people visit the site or listen - I have no hit counter and get no stats from iTunes or anything so as far as I know I could have 3 or 300 listeners. Doesn't bother me as I do it for fun, love of the Engine and those who love it like I do.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!