Author Topic: turbo points  (Read 332 times)

dallaspattern

turbo points
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
Anyone ever cash any of those points that were on the manuals of the later era games? Did they even do anything at the time? Always wondered about that...

HailingTheThings

Re: turbo points
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
Me too since at least one of my games is missing its points. I wanna know why!!!

esteban

turbo points
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 11:14:27 PM »
http://archives.tg-16.com/duo_world_0003.htm#t2_team_club

I don't think TTi even got as far as sending out membership cards and/or the T2 Team Club Catalog.

Proof?

Well, to date, we have never had any physical/anecdotal evidence of:

Catalog for T2 Team Club

Membership Card for  T2 Team Club

Credible stories of redeeming points (which, of course, are suspect to begin with, considering we have no proof of a catalog)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:19:16 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:20:17 AM »
I never did anything with the points or even saw something concrete that I could do with 'em, but I did mail in a couple UPCs with the $5 rebate coupons packed in with the Duo.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

seieienbu

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
My copy of Dragon Slayer has the UPC removed.  I assume that was for the rebate thing?  No idea about Turbo Points though.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

turbo points
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
My copy of Dragon Slayer has the UPC removed.  I assume that was for the rebate thing?  No idea about Turbo Points though.

How many TurboPoints for Dragon Slayer?

I reckon all the software was the same (4 points), but who knows? Maybe some game has a different point value...

UPDATE:
So, this thread inspired me to go back and finish an old page from 10+ years ago. I just keep finding new things I want to add.

http://archives.tg-16.com/duo_world_0003.htm#t2_team_club

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:21:14 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »
My memory of the Turbo Points is foggy, but I got atleast 1 Bomberman hat, among a few other things with those points.  That was before I got to know the secretary over there, who hooked me up with several Bomberman hats, stickers, & I think was the one that gave me the Sherlock Holmes 2 matchbook calculator, as I don't think I got that with the points, but I'm 99% positive about 1 Bomberman hat I got with points.  I feel like maybe I got another thing or 2 with points, but I just don't remember for sure.

dallaspattern

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:10:39 PM »
Whoa, nice page, super interesting!

5 pts on dragon slayer

esteban

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »

Whoa, nice page, super interesting!

5 pts on dragon slayer

Ok, I guess I gotta check all the games now to see how many TurboPoints were awarded for each.

4-5 points a game, I guess.
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »

My memory of the Turbo Points is foggy, but I got atleast 1 Bomberman hat, among a few other things with those points.  That was before I got to know the secretary over there, who hooked me up with several Bomberman hats, stickers, & I think was the one that gave me the Sherlock Holmes 2 matchbook calculator, as I don't think I got that with the points, but I'm 99% positive about 1 Bomberman hat I got with points.  I feel like maybe I got another thing or 2 with points, but I just don't remember for sure.

Comrade, I think you were the lucky bastard who was getting freebies. :).

I wrote in 2-3 times, and each time I received something (Legendary Axe T-shirt, Devils Crush  T-shirt).

I suspect that TTi intended to have a real Merchandise Catalog for the T2 Team Club...but they were struggling financially and other things to worry about.

|    |