Author Topic: 6 button pad and games  (Read 691 times)

vestcoat

6 button pad and games
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »
hey steve and Keranu,
it's nice to know people remember me around here.  :)
i've been setting up a tour for my band and working all the time.
i've been lurking around these forums once every couple weeks.
after buying a supergrafx and some games this spring i haven't been gaming or buying much.
some recent thrift store pick-ups include:
Slap Shot (SMS Blades of Steel rip-off)
San Francisco Rush (N64)
FF3, Mario All-Stars, Skuljagger (SNES)
and a Super Gameboy for the SNES with a bunch of GB carts that i realized have all aged terribly in the last couple decades (TMNT, Sword of Hope, Knight Quest, etc).
with the exception of San Francisco Rush, i haven't played any of these games for more than 15 minutes.

so i don't make this post completely off-topic, here are some fun facts:

Ys IV controls with six buttons:
#3:  item inventory
#4:  equip weapons and armor
#5:  save menu
#6:  load menu

Vasteel 2:
i think the most bad-ass feature of this game is that it can sense whether or not you have a multi tap, pce mouse, MB128 or Arcade Card connected to your system and lists them all off right on the opening screen.  remember this was in a time when there wasn't a whole lot of communication between controllers and consoles...none of that memory card, rumble pack non-sense. :roll:

Black Tiger

6 button pad and games
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"

Vasteel 2:
i think the most bad-ass feature of this game is that it can sense whether or not you have a multi tap, pce mouse, MB128 or Arcade Card connected to your system and lists them all off right on the opening screen.  remember this was in a time when there wasn't a whole lot of communication between controllers and consoles...none of that memory card, rumble pack non-sense. :roll:

As bad-ass as this feature is, what even badder-ass is how it displays it all as a hi-tech computer booting up with Matrix-like font. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

6 button pad and games
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »
hey steve and Keranu,
See, we need you to share all that awesome info! Ys IV, Vasteel 2, I forgot about MB128, etc. Thanks :)

Good luck with your band. Are you doing it the "Book Your Own f*cking Life" way... by any chance? I'm sure the internet has changed the way things are done now...

------------------
I've never gotten too far in Vasteel 2... but mostly because it was totally unlike its predecessor and V2 just seemed like yet another strategy game that I may or may not invest some time in. Black_Tiger, has V2 held your interest at all?
  |    | 

Black Tiger

6 button pad and games
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
hey steve and Keranu,
See, we need you to share all that awesome info! Ys IV, Vasteel 2, I forgot about MB128, etc. Thanks :)

Good luck with your band. Are you doing it the "Book Your Own f*cking Life" way... by any chance? I'm sure the internet has changed the way things are done now...

------------------
I've never gotten too far in Vasteel 2... but mostly because it was totally unlike its predecessor and V2 just seemed like yet another strategy game that I may or may not invest some time in. Black_Tiger, has V2 held your interest at all?

I played it for like 5 to 10 minutes and didn't like what I saw. I need a satisfying battle animation or something original like Vasteel One.

I haven't really gotten into any non-Nectaris style war sims, other than like Lords Of The Rising Sun, Herzog Zwei and RPG War-Sims(like the Shining Force series), which I don't count as the same thing.

I loved Vasteel because it was like a Nectaris Gaiden. The other war-sim that I played extensively other than MM/Nectaris and Neo Nectaris is Iron Storm for the U.S. Saturn.

But that boot-up screen in Vasteel II is pretty cool...
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

6 button pad and games
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
That Vasteel II screen sounds inredibly sweet how it detects all of that stuff!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Duo_R

Re: 6 button pad and games
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 06:18:43 PM »
Does anyone have Vescoats list to repost for 6 button games?

Are there any other chip based 6 button games besides SF2 and Strip F2?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SegaSonic91

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:33 AM »
I hate the RX pad and wanted to ask if the Avenue6 was better.  I've been meaning to buy one for about 15 years.  Going by the earlier comments, am I correct in saying it IS better?  The RX pad is horribly stiff and hard to even move around at times.  I was playing Nutopia recently and was reminded how much I hate it.  The quick movements needed in an action RPG such as Nutopia (and a certain SCD ARPG I was also playing, the name of which escapes me at the moment -_-), does not work well with that awful, stiff D-pad.  I don't think I've seen a Hori 6B pad, but I will keep an eye out.  I wish I could use my MEGA-DRIVE 6B pad on the PCE!  Apart from being far superior as a pad, the cord is also more than 30cm long :P

BrosephPCE

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:12 AM »
The Avenue 6 pad is pretty good IMO and seems to be cheaper compared to other options, I'd say go for it.

Groover

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 05:16:24 AM »
This is great. My 6button controller is in the mailbox when I get home.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:28 AM »
Does anyone have Vescoats list to repost for 6 button games?

The Adventures of LINK

Are there any other chip based 6 button games besides SF2 and Strip F2?

Nope.  No known ones anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles